Recipe: Tasty slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup
slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup.
You can have slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 4 of chicken breast (frozen).
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic (minced).
- It’s 2 can of chopped mild green chile peppers (4oz).
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes (15oz).
- It’s 1 can of mild red enchillada sauce (15oz).
- Prepare 1 tsp of each cumin, chili powder, salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 packages of frozen corn (10oz).
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro (chopped).
- Prepare 1 of lime wedges, shredded Parmesan cheese, sour cream, avocado slices, tortilla chips for serving.
slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup instructions
- place the chopped onion in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Layer the frozen chicken breast on top.
- Add the diced tomatoes and their juice, green chiles, enchilada sauce, garlic, chicken broth, spices, and bay leaf.
- cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- remove bay leaf.
- remove chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker..
- Stir in corn, and continue to heat until corn is hot.
- Add a handful of chopped cilantro.
- serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, shredded parmesan cheese, sour cream, avocado and tortilla chips for satisfying meal in a bowl.