Cocount masa with groundnut soup. Groundnut/Peanut soup is a rich, nutty, and palate-pleasing meal when served with rice, plantains or any starch. Groundnut Soup (PeanutSoup) Recipe with Cooking Sounds ASMR. I looooove Groundnut soup and Fufu!
But the groundnuts undergo a process of gradual roasting, fine grinding then simmering with exotic spices in a rich beef or chicken. Groundnut Soup is a yummy Nigerian soup made with groundnut (peanuts). Groundnut soup is a very popular delicacy in some Southern and Northern parts of Nigeria albeit prepared differently in both parts. You can have Cocount masa with groundnut soup using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cocount masa with groundnut soup
- It’s 4 cups of Raw rice-.
- You need 2 table spoon of Yeast.
- It’s of Sugar as desired.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cooked rice.
- You need 1 cup of Coconut milk.
- It’s of Onion 1 small.
- You need 2 cups of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 table spoon of Baking powder.
Groundnut soup is particularly common amongst the Etsako people of Edo state. When Groundnut Soup with Chicken is prepared as a stew (thicker) it can be served over rice like a curry, and small bowls of ingredients, from chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts, bananas, pineapple, oranges, tomatoes, red or green sweet bell peppers, coconut, grated hard-boiled egg, onions (raw or. This Groundnut Soup is native to Nigeria and is eaten with yams instead of rice. However, it is very popular in Taiwan, Virginia (US) and Ghana.
Cocount masa with groundnut soup step by step
- Wash your raw rice and soak for 30 minutes. And grind.
- Add yeast, sugar, cooked rice to ur mixture, mix with a whisk and cover sightly and allow to seat for an hour under the sun or in a warm place.
- After an hour when the masa mixture has rised add coconut milk, baking powder, little salt, and your chopped onions and sugar to taste then mix with a whisk.
- In ur masa pan add little oil and rub by the sides of the pan and allow the oil to be hot..
- Add your masa mixture a cooking spoon in each and allow to fry before you flip to the other side to fry too continoisy and your is ready to be served with either vegetabe soup, pepper soup, pumpkin soup, ground soup etc but I served mine with groundnut soup.
I add a little coconut milk at the end and finish with chopped fresh cilantro, sriracha and a squeeze of lime.(kind. The distinct flavours of butternut squash and coconut are enhanced when creating this hot, decadent soup in your Vitamix machine. If a soup with deeper flavors is desired, try using roasted carrot, roasted garlic, and a roasted chili pepper (in place of raw) along with the squash. Groundnut soup is a nutritious and very tasty meal. It is locally known as maafe in Ghana.