Recipe: Perfect Jollof rice & Pepper Soup
Jollof rice & Pepper Soup. Jollof rice is a very common dish prepared in many African countries and each recipe differs I specifically prepare the Nigerian party jollof rice which I still feel is one of the best recipes out there. Because Jollof Rice is Bae, and much loved South of the Sahara and along the coast of West Africa. Spiced and stewed in a flavorful tomato broth , it is everything from "everyday" to celebration.
Jollof Rice – Easy, flavorful and perfectly cooked African classic dish Jollof rice both made completely in the oven and on stovetop. Perfect for regular nights or special occasions! Hey people, its nearly Christmas time! You can have Jollof rice & Pepper Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jollof rice & Pepper Soup
- Prepare 5 of milk cups of rice.
- You need Sachet of tomatoes (Gino pepper & onion).
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Dry fish.
- You need of Goat meat (pepper soup).
- Prepare of Groundnut oil & Treasures Coconut oil.
- Prepare of Carrot, green pepper, green beans & Onions.
- You need 3 of Knorr chicken cubes.
- Prepare of Salt, curry, thyme.
- It’s of Ginger, garlic.
Time for us to overeat and over indulge on beautiful tasty foods. If you are not sure what to cook for Christmas or. The Nigerian rice recipe discussed here is the classic Nigerian Jollof Rice prepared at parties. This is the most popular Nigerian rice recipe.
Jollof rice & Pepper Soup step by step
- Place pot on heat with moderate water, allow to boil then add rice and allow to cook. (half cook; not entirely soft) wash with a basket and set aside to cool..
- Slice one big ball of onion and set aside. Place a pot on heat and add groundnut oil & Treasures Coco nut oil when hot Add your sliced onion, sachet tomatoes and blended garlic, onions & ginger..
- Allow to cook well then add moderate water, salt, curry, black pepper, thyme and Knorr cubes, allow to boil.
- Add par boiled rice (make sure it's at same level with the water) to avoid a watery end result. Add dry fish and ensure you push it inside the rice (for great taste) reduce heat to average level (not too high nor too low; to avoid burning and being over cooked) cover pot & allow to cook until there's no more water. Add chopped vegetables (carrot, green pepper & green beans) allow the steam to soften it a bit. Serve with any drink of choice. I used ginger drink delight 😋.
- For pepper soup, par boil meat with seasoning and black pepper with onions. Add water (as desired), add pepper soup spice And allow to cook. Add scent leave, allow for few minutes and turn off heat. Serve with rice as in the picture above; Enjoy!.
This is why you will always see it in parties. This jollof rice is a vegan version of a classic West African dish. Filled with tomatoes, onions and spices Jollof rice is a classic West African dish. The exact origins of the dish are unknown, but it is. Ghanaian Jollof Rice By Tei Hammond.