Recipe: Perfect Mamas Lima Beans Soup (slow cooker)
Mamas Lima Beans Soup (slow cooker). Dry baby lima beans soak overnight before simmering for hours in the slow cooker with a ham bone and Cajun seasoning. The lima beans must be soaked overnight (or about eight hours) so plan accordingly. Salt can sometimes inhibit dried beans cooking properly in the slow cooker, so salty For a true Southern meal, serve the lima beans with freshly baked cornbread along with a tossed salad or cooked greens.
This slow cooker ham and bean soup is made with a mixture of dried beans, vegetables, tomatoes and diced ham, all cooked together for a hearty and flavorful meal. An easy crock pot dinner that's perfect for a cold night! Slow Cooker Ham and Lima Soup. You can cook Mamas Lima Beans Soup (slow cooker) using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mamas Lima Beans Soup (slow cooker)
- You need 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- You need 1 of celery stalk.
- You need 8 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 packages of bacon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 lb of dry large lima beans.
Giant lima beans make this bean soup stand out from the rest. Their mellow, buttery flavor adds a lovely layer of richness to the soup. This recipe has something for everyone at my house: bacon for my boys, lima beans for my daughter and me. And we all like potatoes, celery, onions and carrots, so this is a family favorite.
Mamas Lima Beans Soup (slow cooker) step by step
- Start by sorting and rinsing beans for any dirt or pebbles. Then place in slow cooker..
- Next slice up vegetables and then add to cooker..
- Cut bacon into bite size pieces and add to cooker..
- Finish by adding garlic, garlic salt, and water. Then cook on high for 6-8 hours, or until beans are soft. Salt to taste and add more garlic salt if needed..
I like that it's so easy to put together. Ham and Bean Soup – a homestyle, hearty and delicious soup that couldn't be easier to make! It requires minimal ingredients including a leftover ham bone It requires minimal ingredients including a leftover ham bone, dry beans, some veggies, herbs and broth and the slow cooker does just about. An easy recipe for Slow Cooker Ham and Bean Soup. Always buy a bone-in ham so you can make this soup!