How to Cook Yummy Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot)
Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot). Great Northern beans made in a slow cooker with an assortment of vegetables gives you a versatile side dish to pair with grilled meats; a flavorful ingredient for salads, dips Click Play to See This Healthy Crock Pot Great Northern Beans Recipe Come Together. Crock Pot Great Northern BeansFlour On My Face. Great Northern Bean Soup With Ham Recipes.
Ham and Bean Soup is one of our all time favorite comfort foods. This easy recipe is made in the Crock Pot and takes just minutes to prepare! This easy recipe is hearty and delicious, the perfect way to use up any leftover ham and a great way to feed a crowd! You can cook Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot) using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot)
- Prepare 1 lb of dry great northern beans.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks.
- You need 2 of medium carrots.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 tbsp of beef boullion paste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 4 cup of water.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
How to Make Great Northern Bean N Ham Soup / Crock Pot. Place your beans in a large bowl; cover with water and soak overnight. After soaking, pick through and discard any stones or shriveled beans. You are here: Home » Soup Recipes » Crock Pot Ham Bone and Bean Soup.
Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot) step by step
- Soak beans in water overnight (can do this in the crockpot with it unplugged).
- Drain water and pick out bad or split beans..
- Chop celery, carrots, garlic, and onion. Add to crockpot along with bay leaves..
- Add enough water to cover ingredients. 4 cups worked for me. Can add more if needed..
- Add beef bouillon paste (I use better than bouillon beef base), butter, and olive oil..
- Cook on high for 6 hours..
- Remove bay leaves. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Can use immersion blender to puree part of the soup to thicken if preferred..
- Enjoy :).
Pick through the beans for any stones or pebbles. Cover with water and allow to soak overnight. This is not a fancy soup by any means, however the flavor is delicious and this recipe is a great base recipe. That means you can easily adapt it to suit your families needs by adding different. Great northern beans are a low-calorie and low-fat and are also a cholesterol-free source of iron, dietary fiber, protein, and potassium.