Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Crockpot Split Pea Soup
Crockpot Split Pea Soup. Scrumptious Crock Pot Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success With Kraft®, Try Today! Freeze Option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Save the leaves from the celery to use for dressing up bowls of this hearty soup. Split peas are a variety of pea grown specifically for drying. This Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is loaded with yummy veggies! You can cook Crockpot Split Pea Soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Split Pea Soup
- You need 2 cup of dried green split peas.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, sliced.
- It’s 2 of stalks of celery, sliced.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 large of ham hocks.
- It’s 2 quart of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of mashed potatoes, opt.
It is very healthy and creamy and full of flavor! Way better than the canned stuff. Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is rich, warm, nourishing and incredibly flavorful. I love using smoked ham hocks in pea soup, it gives the soup a wonderful smoky flavor, but if you don't have ham hocks you can also use a leftover ham bone, ham steak or even smoked turkey leg instead.
Crockpot Split Pea Soup instructions
- Wash and sort split peas..
- Add everything to crockpot except for mashed potatoes..
- Cook on low for six to eight hours..
- When veggies are tender, take out ham hocks, remove meat, and add meat to soup. Add mashed potatoes to soup to thicken. If you do not have mashed potatoes, you can puree two cups of soup when warm..
This slow-cooker version of split-pea soup is as easy as it gets and is packed with healthy fiber and protein. Serve it with crusty bread and you've got a soul-warming meal ready to go. This soup freezes well, so make a batch and save extra for later. For more crockpot soups, check out our Slow Cooker Butternut Squash and Red Pepper Soup, Slow Cooker Pork Ramen, and Slow Cooker Chicken Soup. Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is a great way to make use of that leftover bone from your holiday ham.