Recipe: Yummy Slow Cooker Potato Soup
Slow Cooker Potato Soup. Try Our Easy-To-Make Potato Soup Recipes. Browse & Share Now w/ Your Friends! Place bacon and onion in a large, deep skillet.
How to Make Easy Slow-Cooker Potato Soup Warm up a chilly day with this easy Crock-Pot potato soup. Once the soup has slow cooked and is about ready to serve, cook the butter in a small saucepan on the stove over medium-high heat until it has melted. This potato soup is perfect for the slow cooker. You can cook Slow Cooker Potato Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- It’s 3 lb of potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 3 of (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- It’s 1 of salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 9 oz of bacon, cooked and diced or crumbled.
- You need 4 of green onions, diced.
In small bowl, beat cornstarch and reserved broth until smooth. To Make it Thicker There many methods to thicken soups but really, mashing or pureeing part of the soup works the best. With this method, you are using the soup ingredients themselves to create a creamier base. Use an immersion blender right in the slow cooker and blend about half of the potatoes.
Slow Cooker Potato Soup step by step
- To a 6 or 7 quart slow cooker, add potatoes, onion, chicken broth, evaporated milk and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover with lid and cook on high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 8 hours ( poke potatoes with a fork to check make sure they're soft)..
- Ladle out 2 cups liquid from soup mixture in crock pot into a liquid measuring cup, set aside..
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes..
- While whisking, slowly pour 2 cups liquid in measuring cup into butter mixture, it will thicken quickly. Pour butter mixture into slow cooker and stir to blend. If desired, mash potatoes with a potato masher to break down into smaller pieces..
- Cover and cook on high heat until thickened, about 10 minutes. Turn heat off or to warm, stir in sour cream. Serve warm topped with cheddar, bacon and green onions..
Stir in chicken stock, onion, garlic, thyme, butter and bacon until well combined. Searching for a new family-favorite meal to take some pressure off the dinner hour? Give this slow-cooker cheesy potato soup a try. Its velvety texture enriched with cheese and crispy bacon is mostly a hands-free affair. Potatoes cook all day in the slow cooker until they've broken down into a creamy broth.