Recipe: Appetizing Crock-Pot Lentil & Sausage Soup
Crock-Pot Lentil & Sausage Soup. The Best Crock Pot Lentils Recipes on Yummly Crock Pot Vegetarian Chili (slow Cooker), Carol's Slow Cooker Bbq Beef (crockpot, Barbeque, Slowcooker, Crock Pot), Recipe For Slow Cooker (crock Pot) Spicy Sausage And Lentil Soup Detox Crockpot Lentil Soup – a clean and simple soup made with onions, garlic, carrots, olive oil, squash, and LENTILS! Super healthy and easy to make.
I love making big pots of madras lentils, saucy Puerto Rican beans and potatoes, and Mejadra to get me through the week. Lately I've been on a big lentil kick, so I've been whipping up big batches of lentils in the slow cooker. As I said, lentils are easy, but slow cooker lentils are even easier! You can cook Crock-Pot Lentil & Sausage Soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crock-Pot Lentil & Sausage Soup
- You need 1 lb of dry lentils.
- It’s 1 link of kielbasa (large horseshoe).
- Prepare 1 of large onion (diced).
- Prepare 4-5 of carrots (1/4in thick rounds).
- You need 2-3 stalks of celery (halved, chopped).
- It’s 3-4 cloves of garlic (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 can of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of chicken broth.
- You need 2-3 cups of water.
- Prepare of salt&pepper.
Slow Cooker Lentil Soup with Sausage. To make a healthy spin on this variation, use chicken or turkey sausage. Use nutritional yeast in place of the Parmesan. Slow Cooker Lentil Stew-a comforting bowl of stew that can be make vegan or can be made with smoked sausage.
Crock-Pot Lentil & Sausage Soup step by step
- Throw everything in the crockpot (My small crockpot only allows for half the recipe).
- High 8 hours, low 12 hours. Til lentils are tender. Depending on crockpot.
Lentils simmer in the slow cooker all day and soak up all the flavors of the stew. The leftovers make a great lunch the next day too. When you're looking for a simple and satisfying appetizer, this slow cooker lentil soup recipe is a tasty solution. The diced vegetables, garlic, and herbs are first cooked briefly in the microwave to coax out more flavor before they're added to the vessel. Lentils really help to bulk up soups, even when they arenâ€™t the main ingredient.