Recipe: Perfect Crock-Pot Split Pea Soup
Crock-Pot Split Pea Soup. Scrumptious Crock Pot Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success With Kraft®, Try Today! Freeze Option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Way better than the canned stuff. Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is rich, warm, nourishing and incredibly flavorful. Something magical happens when dried split peas break down into a thick, naturally creamy, and delicious soup over several hours in the slow cooker. You can have Crock-Pot Split Pea Soup using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crock-Pot Split Pea Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of split peas.
- You need 1 of med. onion (diced).
- Prepare 3-5 of carrots (diced).
- It’s 2-4 stalks of celery (chopped).
- Prepare 2-4 of potatoes (diced).
- Prepare 2-4 cloves of garlic (finely chopped).
- It’s 1 can of chicken stock.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of water.
- Prepare of salt&pepper.
Here, all you do is lay down a layer of dried slit peas in your crockpot's insert, then add a layer of diced carrot, celery, and yellow onion, with some garlic, parsley, and a bay leaf. This recipe is our favorite pea soup recipe and so easy in the crock pot! After reading the other reviews, I added the stock to the crock pot without heating it up. I also didn't add any extra salt as it seemed to have plenty of seasoning from the ham.
Crock-Pot Split Pea Soup instructions
- Throw everything in to the Crock-Pot. (Ran out of onion, used 3-4 tbs onion powder instead).
- Tips: *For vegan, substitute chicken broth with all water *For more chicken flavor omit water for all broth *Add cooked cubed ham or cooked chopped bacon for more meatiness.
- High 4-5 hours. Low: 6-8. Depending on Crock-Pot..
- Ready when soup is creamy..
In a slow cooker combine split peas, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, ginger, and red pepper flakes.. Pour broth over and add ham bone. Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is a great way to make use of that leftover bone from your holiday ham. Cooking it low and slow is the best method for creating creamy, delicious split pea soup.. I removed the pork chops, shredded them and returned them to the pot.