Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup. Scrumptious Crock Pot Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success With Kraft®, Try Today! Freeze Option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
This soup freezes well, so make a batch and save extra for later. For more crockpot soups, check out our Slow Cooker Butternut Squash and Red Pepper Soup, Slow Cooker Pork Ramen, and Slow Cooker Chicken Soup. The nutritional information for this delicious slow cooker split pea and ham soup is right below. You can cook Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
- Prepare of dried green split peas, rinsed.
- You need of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare of chopped carrots.
- It’s of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need of dried rosemary, crushed.
- Prepare of dried thyme.
- You need of reduced-sodium chicken broth.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of cubed fully cooked ham steaks.
- You need of Bay Leaves.
If you have any extras with the soup, then don't forget to add these to your overall nutrition calculations. It's important to keep in mind that I use an online calculator for all my slow cooker recipe's nutritional information. This slow-cooker version of split-pea soup is as easy as it gets and is packed with healthy fiber and protein. Serve it with crusty bread and you've got a soul-warming meal ready to go.
Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup step by step
- Mix all ingredients, except the ham, the water & stock, and the bay leaves, into the slow cooker..
- Add the ham and water & stock into the pot, stir everything together..
- Finally, place the bay leaves into the pot..
- Put the lid on the slow cooker, set the temperature on low, and cook for 8 hours..
This Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is loaded with yummy veggies! It is very healthy and creamy and full of flavor! Way better than the canned stuff. Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is rich, warm, nourishing and incredibly flavorful. Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is a great way to make use of that leftover bone from your holiday ham.