Lasagna Soup – Slow Cooker. CrockPot Lasagna Soup is the perfect weeknight dinner! In this easy recipe, the slow cooker does all of the work to bring the goodness of lasagna and the comfort of soup together into one amazing meal. A light and healthier version of lasagna with all of the traditional flavours, easy to make and comes together in No layering or waiting around your oven!
For the best lasagna soup, a jar of marinara beats out a can of chopped tomatoes because of the flavor and texture it delivers. Slow cooking makes lasagna soup easy to make any night of the week, and it can be made with the slow cooker function on the Instant Pot too. Once finished cooking, stir cooked lasagna noodles into the soup and throw in a few handfuls of spinach to wilt down. You can cook Lasagna Soup – Slow Cooker using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lasagna Soup – Slow Cooker
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey or Italian sausage).
- You need 1 of small yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 2 cups of sliced mushrooms (optional).
- You need 1 can (28 oz.) of no salt crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 can (14.5 oz.) of no salt diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 1 can (8 oz.) of no salt tomato sauce.
- Prepare 4 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- It’s 2 tsp. of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp. of dried basil.
- It’s 2 tsp. of dried parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 2 cups of pasta of choice.
- You need of Ricotta cheese, for serving.
- You need of Freshly shredded mozzarella cheese, for serving.
- It’s of Freshly shredded parmesan cheese, for serving.
Lasagna Soup has everything you love about lasagna – all in one bowl of soup! Loaded with chicken sausage, lasagna noodles, marinara and cheese. Slow Cooker Directions: Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, spray with oil and add the sausage; cook until browned, breaking it up. Every fall and winter, our staff has a soup rotation.
Lasagna Soup – Slow Cooker instructions
- Grease your slow cooker and set it aside..
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add the beef and cook until brown throughout, breaking it up as you go. Drain the fat, then add it into the slow cooker..
- Add all the additional ingredients EXCEPT for the pasta and cheeses..
- Place the lid on and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours..
- Once getting ready to serve, heat a large pot of water over high heat on the stove. Once it's come to a boil, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Then drain it and stir the pasta into the soup..
- Taste and add any additional seasonings you think the soup needs, then serve immediately..
- We like to top our bowls with some ricotta cheese mixed with a little mozzarella and parmesan. Some red chili flakes are good if you'd like a little spice..
I have modified this recipe so I can prep it the night before and put it in the slow cooker in the morning. Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup is the a quick mix of easy, winter, slow cooker, pasta and cheese perfection. We're a huge fan of slow cooker soups because they're warm, filling and easy! Plus with holidays and cold weather and school in full swing, time is in short supply. An easy recipe for Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup.