Recipe: Tasty Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker
Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker. Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is made with ground beef, bell peppers, onions and tomato sauce. The version I made for my client was done on the stovetop, but I know how much all of your love slow cooker recipes on this site. I tweaked a recipe I got from one of my best friends, and I couldn't believe how much it really does taste like stuffed green peppers!
This crockpot stuffed peppers soup recipe is just wonderful! This is awesome for when you need to take the crockpot somewhere. If you're a fan of our famous Stuffed Peppers, this hearty stuffed pepper soup is for you! You can have Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 2 of large bell peppers, diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 can (28 oz.) of unsalted crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 can (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- You need 3 cups of unsalted chicken or beef broth.
- You need 2 tsp. of each Italian seasoning, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each pepper, smoked paprika, dried basil.
- You need of Cooked rice, for serving (or different grain of your choosing).
Made with ground beef, green bell peppers, and diced tomatoes, this comforting recipe simmers all day in the slow cooker, so it's ready. This stuffed pepper soup is easy, hearty, and packed with flavor. After browning ground beef, onions, red and green peppers, and garlic on the stove To help ease weeknight dinner chaos, I cooked everything on the stovetop the night before, transferred it into my lined slow cooker, added the. This vegetarian stuffed pepper soup is a twist on the classic, boasting a hearty helping of fiber and protein from creamy red lentils.
Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker step by step
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the ground meat and cook until it is browned throughout. Drain any excess fat if needed..
- Grease your slow cooker and place all the ingredients EXCEPT for the rice. Stir everything well and then place the lid on and set the heat to low for 5-6 hours..
- To serve, stir in some hot, cooked rice (or other grain) into individual bowls and top with some shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy!.
- You could also stir the rice into the soup and serve it that way, but since we usually have leftovers, I prefer to store the soup and rice separately so the rice doesn't absorb the majority of the liquid..
With all the flavors of traditional stuffed peppers, but with much more ease, try this Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup! Two things came together to make this soup happen. First, I keep getting a ton of peppers in my CSA box. Fill to the top with rice mixture, and top with the remaining cheese. Pour chicken stock into the bottom of the slow cooker.