Veggie noodle soup – vegan.
You can cook Veggie noodle soup – vegan using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Veggie noodle soup – vegan
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil.
- You need 1 of leek, finely chopped – add an extra spring onion if you don’t have a leek.
- Prepare 4 of spring onions, finely chopped – save 2 for later.
- You need 5 cm of chunk of ginger, peeled and grated.
- It’s 3-4 of garlic cloves, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare 1 handful of shitake mushrooms, torn into small pieces.
- You need 2 handfuls of broccoli, chopped into small florets.
- Prepare 1 of star anise.
- You need 1-2 handfuls of sweetcorn – fresh/ frozen/ tinned (if tinned, no salt or sugar added).
- Prepare 500 ml of vegan/ veggie stock (more of you want a soupier soup).
- Prepare of Some firm tofu – optional.
- Prepare Handful of sugar snap peas.
- It’s Handful of tatsoi or pak choi or other leafy green.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tamari.
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli, finely chopped.
- You need A few of sprigs of fresh coriander – optional.
- You need of Buckwheat noodles/ noodles of your choice – enough for two.
Veggie noodle soup – vegan instructions
- For the noodles: cook according to packet instructions but for 1-2 minutes less time than recommended..
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later). Add the leek and two of the spring onions. Sauté until the leek starts to soften..
- Add the ginger and garlic. Sauté for another 2-3 mins..
- Add the mushrooms. Cook for 4-5 mins..
- Add the star anise, broccoli and sweetcorn..
- Add the stock. Put the lid on and simmer until the broccoli is just tender..
- Add the cooked noodles to the pot. And sugar snaps and tatsoi/ pak choi/ leafy greens. And tofu if using. Stir through so the greens just start to wilt..
- Turn off the heat. Add the tamari and lemon. Season..
- Serve with the coriander/ chilli/ extra spring onions on top. Enjoy 😋.