Recipe: Yummy Vickys Curried Split Pea Soup, GF DF EF SF NF
Vickys Curried Split Pea Soup, GF DF EF SF NF. Besides, split pea soup is so quick and easy to make in the pressure cooker. There are as many variations on split pea soup as there are cooks, and Curried Split Pea Soup is one of my three favorites. Stir in curry powder, cumin and mustard seed.
Using care and a stick blender, puree the soup until the desired consistency. Curry spices and a drizzle of coconut milk give a serious flavor boost to this healthy and incredibly easy split pea soup. It's been all of, what, two weeks since I posted a recipe involving Curry, in all its forms, one of my favorite ways to dress up an otherwise plain recipe. You can have Vickys Curried Split Pea Soup, GF DF EF SF NF using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Curried Split Pea Soup, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of carrot, chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato puree / paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of medium curry powder or strength of choice.
- Prepare 450 g (2 cups) of green split peas.
- You need 1920 ml (8 cups) of vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 tsp of low sodium salt.
- Prepare 240 ml (1 cup) of full fat coconut milk.
- You need of Freshly chopped coriander / cilantro to serve.
Take split pea soup, for example. Serve the curried split pea soup after garnishing with green onion. Bean and legume soups like split pea soup are especially good candidates for freezing since a typical recipe can yield as much as six or more servings. In addition, consuming split pea soup that you have prepared and frozen yourself can help you keep your sodium intake in check.
Vickys Curried Split Pea Soup, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion and carrot for around 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and fry a further minute.
- Add the tomato puree and curry powder, stir in and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the split peas, stock and salt.
- Bring to the boil then turn down and let simmer for 35 – 40 minutes or until the peas are softened.
- Before serving stir through the coconut milk and season to taste.
- Serve with some fresh coriander.
Split pea soup in Germany is also very common, containing meats such as bacon, sausage or smoked pork and served with a dark rye bread. It was widely eaten in the colonial. Cover and bring to a boil. Bring heat back down to medium, let soup simmer for about an hour, until peas are tender. It's soup weather, and split pea soup is one of my personal favorites!