Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Wicked Thai chicken soup
Wicked Thai chicken soup.
You can have Wicked Thai chicken soup using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wicked Thai chicken soup
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 8 oz of container fresh mushrooms (chopped or sliced) I use cremini.
- You need 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of red pepper, diced.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of minced garlic.
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- You need 2 tablespoons of chopped lemongrass (see note above).
- You need 2 teaspoons of fish sauce.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of half and half cream.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of chilli garlic sauce.
- It’s 1 can of tomato paste (156 ml or 5.5 oz).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 cup of rice, (cooked).
- Prepare of chopped cilantro for garnish if you'd like.
Wicked Thai chicken soup step by step
- If rice is not already cooked, prepare according to package directions.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large dutch oven or pot on medium heat. Once oil is hot, add chopped or sliced mushrooms and cook until tender and golden in colour. Remove mushrooms from the pot and set aside..
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add onion, red pepper and garlic. Cook until onions are soft and translucent..
- Add mushrooms back to the dutch oven along with chicken stock, chicken, lemongrass, fish sauce, Worcestershire sauce and salt..
- Bring mixture to a boil then lower to a simmer for 5 minutes..
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in the half and half and coconut milk. DO NOT boil after this step..
- Place lid on the dutch oven or pot and allow to cook on low for an additional 5 minutes..
- In a small bowl, combine the Thai red curry paste, chill garlic sauce, tomato paste, water and cornstarch. Whisk to a smooth consistently..
- Add curry mixture to the soup and stir until soup is slightly thickened and fragrant, roughly another 10 minutes or so..
- Add rice to the pot and stir to combine. Garnish with cilantro if you'd like. Serve and enjoy!!.