Recipe: Tasty Hungarian potato soup
Hungarian potato soup. Browse Our Collection Of Simple Potato Soup Recipes and Prepare Yummy Meals! Melt butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Use a slotted spoon to remove sausage to a bowl, leaving behind any butter in the pot.
All hot soups can nourish the body, and comfort the soul, but some seem to do so more profoundly than others, and this Hungarian Potato and Sausage Soup is a perfect example. Krumplileves (Hungarian Potato Soup) For National Potato Lovers Day, I am sharing this recipe for Krumplileves (Hungarian Potato Soup). Pieces of potato are simmered in a broth (or water) with bay leaves just until tender. You can have Hungarian potato soup using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hungarian potato soup
- Prepare 8 medium of size potatoes.
- You need 1 medium of size onion.
- You need 1 of leek.
- It’s 2 clove of of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 5 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- You need 4 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1 of croutons.
- You need of low cholesterol option.
- Prepare 1 of replace butter for margarine.
- It’s 1 of use skim milk.
- It’s 1 of use low fat sour cream.
At the end, a roux is mixed in with a little paprika. Serve with white vinegar, some parsley, and a dollop of sour cream. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Hungarian Potato and Sausage Soup (or Paprikás krumpli) is a favorite peasant soup full of flavor and rich hearty ingredients that is a full meal in itself.
Hungarian potato soup step by step
- Peel and dice potatoes. If you have a hand-held blender you can leave the peel and blend at the end..
- Chop onion, garlic and leek.
- Grill on medium-high heat with butter. Do not brown..
- Add potatoes, milk and water..
- Bring to a boil and let simmer on low heat for 45 min.
- Add flour, paprika and sour cream.
- Stir or blend until smooth.
- Serve and top with croutons.
Serve it with slices of crusty bread and enjoy the creamy texture, mingling with the spicy paprika and smoky favor of the sausage. Authentic Hungarian "Krumplileves", (Creamy Potato Soup With Sausage): This is an authentic Hungarian recipe for Creamy Potato Soup with Sausage, full of flavor, a definite comfort food on those cooler evenings. This Hungarian Soup (she calls it "Krumplileves", which means "Creamy Potato Soup with Sausage". Bring broth to a boil and add the potatoes, onion, carrot, celery and green pepper. Discard the onion and green pepper.