Recipe: Tasty Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut Squash Soup. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash Soup II. This butternut squash soup has a secret ingredient—a tart green apple. It adds just the right balance for the squash.
It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines. This Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free, easy to make, and SO delicious! Easy homemade butternut squash soup is naturally thick and creamy, perfect for the season when squash is available in abundance. You can have Butternut Squash Soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- It’s 2 lb of butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks (about 3 cups cubed).
- It’s 4 cup of reduced-sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of low-fat sour cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cayenne.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 of White pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar (optional).
- It’s 1 of Chopped fresh chives for garnish.
Full of butternut flavour, this soup is perfect for when you're. Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. This butternut squash soup recipe is the best!
Butternut Squash Soup step by step
- Combine squash and broth in large saucepan; bring to boil over high heat. Reduced heat to medium; cover and simmer until squash is tender, about 20 minutes. Uncover and cool..
- Puree squashin blender or food processor..
- Return puree to saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Stir in sour cream, butter and cayenne. Add salt and white pepper. If squash lacks sweetness add sugar..
- Cook soupmjust until thoroughly heated but not boiling. Ladle into bowls and garnish with chives..
- 130 calories, 8g fat, 25mg chol, 5g prot, 12g carbs, 1g fiber, 610mg sodium.
Here's what gets me excited about butternut squash soup: My favorite seasonal ingredients join forces to create a sunny bowl of cozy, comforting soup that warms me through and through. If there's one thing you should be eating more of this fall, it's butternut squash soup (the homemade kind, of course). Miso Coconut Butternut Squash Soup – Roasted and caramelized butternut squash, creamy Butternut Squash and Black Bean Soup – One of the most legit butternut squash combinations. Making soup from butternut squash is one of our go-to moves during the fall. Fortunately for you, it could not be easier.