Recipe: Yummy Cucumber soup
Cucumber soup. Browse Our Entire Collection Of Simple Yet Delectable Recipes Online. Remove from heat and cool a few minutes. Pour soup into a blender no more than half full.
Cold soups are perfect for hot summer days, and this cold cucumber soup recipe from Andrew Zimmern gets tang and creaminess from Greek yogurt and big, summery flavor from lots of fresh herbs. Even if you don't have a garden (or the problem of monster cukes) cucumber soup is a great way to put cucumbers to good use. All you have to do is peel and seed the cucumbers, and pulse them in a blender with a little chopped onion. You can have Cucumber soup using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cucumber soup
- You need 2 large of cucumbers or Courgettes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1 large of onion.
- You need 1 of ham or vegetable (for vegetarians) stock cube.
In a colander set over a bowl, toss cucumbers with salt. If it separates, simply stir it until emulsified.) Just before serving, stir in the diced cucumber and olive oil. In food processor combine cucumbers, yogurt, garlic, honey and a squirt of lemon. The guests are hungry, and dinner's not yet on the table You could set out a tray of cheese and crackers But if surprise and delight drive your menu choices (keeping an eye, all the while, on simplicity and efficiency), there are other options, like this velvety cucumber soup.
Cucumber soup instructions
- cut up onion and cumcumber.
- add butter to soup pot on a medium heat till melted.
- once butter has melted add onion and cucumber. mix till soft.
- once veg is soft add flour and mix till thick.
- boil kettle. add stock cube to pan and pour boiling water in..
- let the mixture simmer for 10 mins.
- after this take pan off the heat and blend mixture so onions and cucumber are completely blended. using a food processor or electric hand blender might be best..
- taste soup and season as necessary..
- reheat servings in microwave and enjoy..
Peel cucumbers; halve lengthwise and remove seeds. In a blender, cover and puree cucumbers and broth in small batches. A chilled cucumber soup, whirled together in the blender to serve as an instant dinner, is one of the quiet rewards of midsummer The trick to making it hearty enough is to not stint on the seasonings, especially when something as mild as cucumber is the main ingredient Garlic, plenty of herbs, jalapeño and anchovy add plenty of flavor, while buttermilk contributes a creamy, light texture Cold cucumber soup with fresh dill. This is a super easy recipe! To prepare, peel and slice the cucumbers.