How to Prepare Appetizing Creamless Butternut Squash Soup
Creamless Butternut Squash Soup. Healthy vegan creamless roasted butternut squash soup is low-calorie, low-fat. Butternut squash has a long shelf life and right now that's a big plus when storing veggies. Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree.
This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines. I'd like to think this is the most elegant version of butternut squash soup out there. You can cook Creamless Butternut Squash Soup using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamless Butternut Squash Soup
- You need 1 of butternut squash.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 medium of onion.
- It’s 6 cup of veggie broth.
- It’s 1 of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
Here's my go-to recipe for family and friends' get-togethers. Creamy Butternut Squash Soup is a great, healthier winter warmer and so easy to make! Creamy Butternut Squash Soup is made with simple ingredients you probably have in your pantry and tastes so flavorful! It's made without heavy cream but is so creamy and takes only a few minutes to prep.
Creamless Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Cut squash into 1 inch chunks.
- Melt butter in large pot, add onion, and cook til translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add squash and stock. Bring to simmer and cook til squash is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in blender and puree. Return blended squash to pot. Stir and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
This butternut squash soup is everything you expect from a traditional butternut squash soup. It's sweet, silky, and slightly spicy. This butternut squash soup is a great example of how various flavors play out in one recipe. In general there are five tastes recognized in current culinary circles. Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video!