Easiest Way to Make Yummy Moroccan Lentil Soup With Chickpeas
Moroccan Lentil Soup With Chickpeas. Enjoy Our Deliciously Tasty & Nutritious Chickpea Soup with Red Pepper. In large heavy saucepan or dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add cinnamon, turmeric, salt, pepper, ginger, hot pepper sauce and saffron.
Turmeric, cumin, paprika and a dash of cinnamon will create a beautiful flavor. This soup is vegan, but you can add meat (lamb) to it to make it even richer. You will also receive free newsletters and notification of. You can have Moroccan Lentil Soup With Chickpeas using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moroccan Lentil Soup With Chickpeas
- It’s 2 tbsp of herb-infused olive oil.
- It’s 7 oz of diced mirepoix.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 16 oz of green lentils, sorted & rinsed.
- Prepare 28 oz of kitchen cut roma tomatos with basil (canned).
- Prepare 64 oz of vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tumeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cayenne pepper.
- You need 16 oz of canned garbanzo beans, drained.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh cilantro, chopped.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt to taste.
Swap out the chickpeas for butter beans or another white bean variant. Use mung beans instead of red lentils for an earthier flavour but still super wholesome and nutritious dish Add a swirl of coconut yoghurt or a drizzle of tahini dressing for extra creaminess and luxury. The Moroccan lentil and chickpea soup turned out to be delicious and filled my house with the most intoxicating aroma. The only problem is the lentils never softened.
Moroccan Lentil Soup With Chickpeas instructions
- Add oil to stockpot on MEDIUM. Add mirepoix and garlic; cook, stirring, 5-6 min, until soft but not browned..
- Stir in lentils, tomatoes, stock, coriander, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Cook, covered, 20-25 min..
- Puree briefly (about 15 seconds) with handheld blender, just to thicken (don't puree all the lentils)..
- Stir in garbanzo beans and cilantro. Season to taste with salt. Simmer about 5 min on MEDIUM until heated through..
This Moroccan chickpea and lentil soup is from the new Mediterranean Table Cookbook, authored by the editors of Prevention and my dearest friend, Jennifer McDaniel. I swear this soup was made with me in mind, it's got all of my favorite ingredients: chickpeas, lentils, brown rice, lots of fresh herbs and spicy harissa paste. This Moroccan Lentil Soup is hearty, healthy and delicious ~ tender red lentils and chickpeas flavored with warm, fragrant Moroccan spices I'm a very big fan of this Moroccan Lentil Soup. It's got so much to love – it's thick and creamy, hearty, healthy and colorful, and it's flavored by the beautiful, warm, fragrant spices that. Moroccan Lentil and Chickpea Soup Print I prefer to use red lentils for this soup, but any other variety will do, you will just have to adjust the time cooking and double check that there is enough liquid, especially if you use French lentils or Black beluga lentils.