Recipe: Yummy Vickys Creamy Mushroom & Wild Rice Soup, GF DF EF SF NF
Vickys Creamy Mushroom & Wild Rice Soup, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Creamy Mushroom & Wild Rice Soup, GF DF EF SF NF using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Creamy Mushroom & Wild Rice Soup, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 60 ml of olive oil, divided.
- You need 225 g (8 oz) of mixed fresh mushrooms – cremini, shiitake, oyster,.
- It’s of chestnut, white etc, any varieties you choose are fine.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of carrots, chopped.
- It’s 2 of celery sticks, chopped.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of gluten-free flour.
- You need 240 ml (1 cup) of dry white wine.
- Prepare 960 ml (4 cups) of vegetable stock.
- It’s 360 ml of (1 & 1/2 cups) full fat coconut milk.
- It’s 175 g (1 cup) of dry wild rice.
- You need 1 tsp of dried rosemary.
- It’s to taste of Salt & pepper.
- You need of Chopped parsley to garnish.
Vickys Creamy Mushroom & Wild Rice Soup, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat then add the mushrooms in an even layer. Cook for 5 minutes then turn over and cook 5 minutes more until lightly browned.
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan and let rest on a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan then add the onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes then stir in the flour and cook 3 minutes more.
- Add the wine and return the mushrooms to the pot. Bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer until the liquid has reduced by about half, around 4 minutes.
- Stir in the stock, coconut milk, rice and dried rosemary. Bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer. Let simmer uncovered until the rice is tender, 45 – 60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a bit more water to the pan if needed.
- Remove the pan from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with fresh parsley.