Recipe: Delicious Thai Coconut Soup
Thai Coconut Soup. This classic chicken and coconut soup gets its rich and dynamic flavor from quintessential Thai ingredients: coconut milk, lemongrass, fresh ginger, lime juice, fish sauce, chile paste, basil. This tom kha soup recipe (or Thai coconut chicken soup) is absolutely perfect. Rich and creamy yet tangy and salty, this Thai coconut chicken soup recipe is filling but light and positively bursting with.
Thai Coconut Soup is a scrumptious, plant-based Asian soup loaded with fresh veggies, coconut milk, and flavorful green curry. This vegan soup recipe is quick to make as the veggies are sauteed. Thai Coconut Soup with Sweet Potato and Kale. You can cook Thai Coconut Soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Coconut Soup
- Prepare 2 of Stalks lemon grass.
- You need 6 of Coin size slices fresh ginger , unpeeled.
- You need 4 clove of garlic, unpeeled.
- It’s 2 of Fresh chile (Serrano or jalapeño).
- You need 24 oz of Low fat chicken broth.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Light coconut milk.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Corn starch.
- You need 3 tbsp of Lime juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Fish sauce (or soy).
- It’s 2 of Scallions to slice for toppings.
- You need 1/4 cup of Cilantro for toppings.
- Prepare 8 oz of Chicken (I large chicken Breast).
- It’s 8 small of to medium shiitake mushrooms sliced thin (stems removed).
A delicious, fragrant, vegan Thai coconut soup prepared with sweet potato and kale. Rice Noodles meet veggies in a tasty sweet, sour, salty. An amazing quick and easy Thai Coconut Soup MADE FROM SCRATCH with easy to find ingredients!! The coconut milk soup broth is can't-stop-eating-it-delicious, made as spicy or as mild.
Thai Coconut Soup step by step
- 1) trim lemon grass of root ends and outer leaves. Cut into 2 inch lengths. Smash each piece with flat of knife. Crush ginger and garlic (don't peel) with knife too. Trim stems from chiles, cut in half lengthwise and smash. (If you like spicy heat leave seeds)..
- Place crushed lemongrass, garlic, ginger and chilies in a wide pan and pour in broth. Bring to a simmer..
- Add chicken breasts to broth. Cover and simmer gently over low heat until chicken is cooked. (10-12 mins). With tongs transfer chicken to board. Cut chicken into thin strips or shred with fork before adding back into the soup..
- Bring broth to a boil and boil for five minutes to intensify flavors. Strain broth into saucepan, press on solids to extract juices, stir in coconut milk and heat through medium heat..
- Stir together cornstarch, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1 teaspoon fish sauce in small bowl. Add to the soup and cook stirring until simmering and slightly thickened. (2-3 minutes)..
- Add chicken and mushrooms. Season with more lime or fish sauce to taste. Serve with toppings of cilantro and green onions..
Here it is, my Thai coconut soup recipe! You'll be happy to hear, my pursuit for the perfect low carb, keto friendly tom kha gai has. Spicy Thai Coconut Soup made with curry, coconut milk, vegetables and shrimp! This Thai Coconut Soup is a replica of the coconut curry soup I order at a local Thai restaurant. Creamy and flavorful, our Easy Thai Coconut Soup is the recipe you've been looking for.