How to Prepare Tasty Fiona's lentil soup
Fiona's lentil soup. Lentil Soup – super easy, cozy and healthy lentil soup that is huge in flavor. Loaded with earthy and aromatic spices with a little bit of heat. This is the BEST lentil soup recipe!!
A light, healthy and flavorful lentil soup with spices, wilted spinach greens, and fresh lemon juice. Lentil soup, made from scratch with simple ingredients. Lentil soup, made from scratch with simple ingredients. You can cook Fiona's lentil soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fiona's lentil soup
- You need 1 of large brown onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 250 grams of split red lentils.
- Prepare 1 of large grated carrot.
- It’s 400 grams of tinned chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 400 ml of low fat coconut milk.
- You need 500 ml of chicken stock (more if needed).
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar (to taste).
It's so healthy, filling and comforting, perfect to warm you up on a cold day. Whether you want lentil soup with bacon or tomatoes, these hearty recipes for lentil soup are perfect comfort food. If you want a lentil soup that will quickly become a family favorite, I highly recommend giving it a try. The original recipe was my grandmother's, and it actually won first prize when she entered it at a.
Fiona's lentil soup instructions
- Fry onion in olive oil with spices.
- When onion is soft add grated carrot fry until soft.
- Add lentils tomatoes chicken stock and coconut milk simmer for 30-45mins.
- Check your consistency.
- Blend/blitz until liking eg lumpy or smooth.
- Eat with crusty bread xxxx.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar to taste if needed.
Lentil soup is a culinary wonder — it is creamy without any dairy, warmly spiced, and easy to make Essentially, lentil soup is everything we need right now. This lentil soup recipe is a few years in the. I love lentils, this Chicken and Lentil Soup is on constant rotation in my house as well as this Lentil soup was often on the menu; because I was such a picky eater, the only way Mom got me to eat it. This is the best lentil soup plus prep is quick and it's so easy to make! It's packed with fresh veggies, zesty Italian flavors and plenty of protein rich lentils.