Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Creamy Cauliflower Soup. Watch how to make the best cauliflower soup in this short recipe video. Roasting the cauliflower gives it tons of flavor, and it's so easy to do! This Creamy Cauliflower Soup recipe is made with healthier ingredients, it's quick and easy to make, and it is so comforting and tasty!
We like it with hot pepper sauce for a little extra kick. —Debbie Ohlhausen, Chilliwack, British Columbia. This post may contain affiliate links. This Cauliflower Soup is one of the best recipes to make with fresh cauliflower! You can have Creamy Cauliflower Soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- It’s 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of sourdough bread cubes.
- Prepare 1 medium of cubed unpeeled potato.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of chopped yellow onion.
- You need 4 cup of vegetable broth.
- You need 1 medium of cauliflower head.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of fine salt.
- Prepare 2 dash of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 bunch of parsley.
- You need 20 of croutons.
This Creamy Cauliflower Soup is a perfect lunch on a cold day! Find out what the surprise ingredient is in healthy roasted cauliflower soup. This smooth, creamy cauliflower soup with sharp cheddar cheese is absolutely what you want on a chilly day. It's ready in under an hour.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup instructions
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat..
- Add bread, potato and onion; lower heat and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring often..
- Add broth, chopped cauliflower florets and salt, bring to a boil, cover and simmer until very tender, 20-25 minutes..
- Add turmeric..
- Puree. (Careful of the heat!) If you like some texture to your soup, you can set aside some cauliflower florets before pureeing and and them back in afterward..
- Garnish with parsley and croutons if desired..
Serve with some crusty bread and a side salad! Creamy cauliflower soup usually has cream as an ingredient, but not this one. The texture is silky-smooth and there isn't one drop of cream to attribute it to. This soup is a real trickster—onions and cauliflower blend into a purée so smooth, you'd swear it included cream. Cauliflower, potatoes and carrots are cooked with garlic in chicken broth, pureed, then combined with milk, spices and a bit of sherry in this basic cream of cauliflower soup.