Recipe: Delicious Simple, Delicious Broccoli Soup
Simple, Delicious Broccoli Soup. In this easy broccoli soup recipe, broccoli cooks together with onions, celery, garlic and fresh herbs and is puréed into a delicious creamy soup. Try this healthy broccoli soup alongside grilled cheese sandwiches or as a starter for a simple dinner. Chef John's classic recipe for broccoli soup highlights the flavor of fresh broccoli and is topped with Cheddar cheese croutons.
Keyword: broccoli soup, chicken broccoli soup, chicken soup. Looked delicious but just one person eating it here and would love to know about freezing left overs. In honor of national soup month, here is our recipe for a simple yet delicious Broccoli Cheese Soup. You can cook Simple, Delicious Broccoli Soup using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple, Delicious Broccoli Soup
- You need of Main Recipe.
- You need 6 cup of water.
- It’s 2 bunch of broccoli.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Optional Garnish.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 12 each of walnuts.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of goat cheese.
- It’s 1 dash of fresh cracked pepper.
We start with fresh broccoli from our garden and using. Broccoli-haters: you know what I'm talking about. For you – people that I don't really get and who just love it: all you need I've heard it's been freezing cold in some parts of the US, so obviously this soup is the best thing that can happen to you right now; and for you Australian folks: it's delicious eaten cold! This easy broccoli cauliflower soup is based on another simple recipe template I use a lot.
Simple, Delicious Broccoli Soup step by step
- Place all the water and the salt in a stock pot, put the lid on, and heat to a rolling boil..
- As the water boils, breakdown the broccoli. One of the best techniques to do this is too hold the broccoli upside down by the stem on the chopping block and cut off all of the florets. Then take the stem slice it lengthwise and chop it into a half inch semicircles..
- The parts of the stem will need to cook slightly longer, about 5 minutes, than the florets. Once the water is boiling add the stem pieces then after 5 minutes add the broccoli florets and cook 5 to 10 minutes until a knife can easily slice through any of the broccoli within the pot.
- Once the broccoli is cooked drain the broccoli, reserving the most of the liquid. This will be the stock of the soup.
- Add all the broccoli into your blender then add about 1 cup of reserved stock. Blend on medium for 15 to 20 seconds and then turn up to high for another 10 seconds. You can do this until you have reached a desired consistency. If the soup is too thick, add some more of the stock slowly until you reach the desired texture..
- Choose your favorite bowl, place a few walnuts in the bottom (OPTIONAL), and portion out some of the soup. Garnish with some olive oil, pepper, and a pinch of salt if necessary..
- BONUS POINTS: finish each bowl with a pinch of soft goat cheese crumbles..
- Notes: If you have a high quality blender, like a vitamix, your soup will be more uniform and silky. Feel free to blend longer to achieve the desired texture. As with most recipes that call for nuts, roasting them at 375°F for 7-10 minutes will yield a better flavor. Be sure to let them cool to room temperature before use. The goat cheese should be added at room temperature..
Creamy comfort in a bowl with tender broccoli, Cheddar cheese, and SO MUCH FLAVOUR! Our Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe has taken quite a few years to get right: taste, flavour and consistency. This might not be an exact replica of. Here's the simple truth of it, broccoli stems are as delicious as the florets and if you have a really fresh head of broccoli, dare I say, the stems can be even more sweet and tender than the florets. This Broccoli Cheddar Soup is the also a meal prep friendly recipe, so you can make it in a large batch and enjoy throughout the week!