Easiest Way to Make Perfect chayote tomato and mushroom soup
chayote tomato and mushroom soup. Tomato soup is usually served with grilled cheese sandwiches, but this soup does not need some hot processed cheese between bread, it is delicious on its own. Add the tomatoes and mushrooms to the pot and stir in. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and add in basil leaves and bay leaves.
This soup recipe came about while I was experimenting with the goodies from my garden…I serve it often to my family, especially in the winter. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin. Chayotes are a staple of Mexico and Costa Rica, are high in vitamin C, low in calories, and are a good source of fiber. The dish reminds me of my mother's summer zucchini, which is sautéed with onions and tomatoes, and served with cheese melted in. You can have chayote tomato and mushroom soup using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of chayote tomato and mushroom soup
- Prepare 2 of chayote.
- You need 1 lb of whole white mushrooms.
- It’s 1 large of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sweet multi colored peppers chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of celery salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 15 oz of can of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 of zest of one lemon.
- It’s 1 of juice of one lemon.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice , extra.
- You need 1/4 cup of mirin.
- You need 1 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of basil, dried, or fresh.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of parsley flakes dried, or fresh.
This quick and easy recipe for Spaghetti With Mushroom Tomato Pasta Sauce is a simple vegetarian pasta dish that will see you through many a weeknight You can never go wrong with mushrooms, garlic, and wine. Tomato Mushroom Soup recipe: Try this Tomato Mushroom Soup recipe, or contribute your own. Add broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and half of the mushrooms. Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly!
chayote tomato and mushroom soup instructions
- cube the chayote ,slice the onion, and peppers.
- heat oil in pan add onions.
- add the peppers to the onions.
- add the mushrooms and chayote to the oils add spices lemon zest, ghee , mirin, lemon juice.
- mix the cornstarch and water together add to the mushrooms mixture let it thicken.
- add tomato sauce adjust spices bring to boil let sit 3 minutes serve.
The chayote squash is a squash I am learning to cook. Its a funny looking little squash that seems to smile at you. Hoping this recipe makes folks smile too. Fill chayote shells with mushroom mixture. This is a vegetable soup introducing this mexican chayote squash which brings a fresh aroma with a bit of crunch as well which I'm sure you will appreciate.