Thai Butternut Squash soup. Light and creamy, vegan butternut squash soup recipe. This simple butternut bisque is seasoned with Thai red curry paste and swirled with coconut milk. This soup is a blend of origins, too.
The Sriracha, peanuts, scallions and cilantro garnishes are not obligatory, but I love the vibrant flavors and textures — and they look pretty, too. So I generally wait to save those recipes, like this Thai Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup, for days when I'll be home alone and don't have to exhaust myself through the just try its and I think you'll be surprised you like its, and I can simply enjoy the comforting way that all of those flavors come. Add in carrot and butternut squash cubes; saute for a few more minutes then add in the yellow curry powder and turmeric. You can cook Thai Butternut Squash soup using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai Butternut Squash soup
- You need 1 of big Butternut squash.
- It’s 110 grams of butter.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 stalks of lemongrass.
- It’s 2-3 of coriander roots or Coriander stalks (optional).
- It’s 1 Tsp of red curry paste.
- It’s 400 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 500 ml of white chicken stock.
- Prepare of Salt to your taste.
- You need of White pepper.
- It’s of Lime juice (optional).
- You need of Coriander (for garnish).
- It’s of Red chilli (for garnish).
Thai Butternut Squash Soup, yes yes and yes! This is such a delicious way to use up butternut squash and it will leave you craving more! Get ready to kick up the heat with this delicious spiced Thai Butternut Squash Soup topped with homemade chili lime cashews and swirled with coconut milk. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash Soup II.
Thai Butternut Squash soup instructions
- Cut onion to thin half moon slices.
- Cut Butternut squash to cubes.
- Place half the butter in a large sauce pan to melt down. When the butter is foaming, add onion and coat with butter. With very low heat, sweat the onion for 12-15 minutes – cover the onions with damp greaseproof paper and check it every 5 minutes. We don’t want them to burn or catch the pan..
- Add the rest of the butter and the butternut squash to the onions, stir well. Cover again with the same paper from before for 15 minutes or until the squash softens..
- After 15 minutes, check the pan and stir. Place bay leaves, coriander roots, red chilli paste and lemongrass in the pan. Add stock and coconut milk. Also season our soup with a good pinch of salt and a pinch of white pepper. Make sure that the liquid covers all the vegetable and herbs. Stir well then bring it up to the boil..
- Then turn the heat down and leave it to simmer for 20 minutes..
- After 20 minutes, check that Butternut squash by pushing a piece against the side of the pan; it should squash easily. The soup is ready for blending..
- Take bay leaves, coriander roots/ stalks, and lemongrass stalks out of the pan..
- Add all the quash and half the liquid to the blender. Blend and check consistency: thicken with double cream, thin with cooking liquid..
- Pass the soup through the sieve to the serving pan. Season it again with salt and white pepper. You can also add some lime juice (optional and up to your taste).
- Serve and garnish with pieces of red chilli (leave this, if you don’t like spicy taste) and coriander..
This Spicy Thai Butternut Squash Soup is vegan, gluten-free and filled with delicious Thai curry! Healthy and delicious Butternut Squash Soup with Thai flavors – so easy, vegetarian and gluten free! About a month ago, I actually talked my husband into going to Costco with me. This Thai buttermilk soup with pureed squash is a quick and healthy option that is great for all seasons. This Thai Butternut Squash Soup made in the Instant Pot is what you have been waiting for.