Easiest Way to Make Perfect Potato Soup (Yummy – w/Low Fat Options)
Potato Soup (Yummy – w/Low Fat Options). Great recipe for Potato Soup (Yummy – w/Low Fat Options). Fall and Winter, I want something that makes me feel cozy. This potato soup has a lot of flavor.
See great recipes for Creamy Mushroom and Potato Soup too! This potato soup has a lot of flavor. It's hearty, filling, and not too rich or fatty. You can have Potato Soup (Yummy – w/Low Fat Options) using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato Soup (Yummy – w/Low Fat Options)
- You need of Chunky Soups.
- It’s of small red potatoes, cubed small.
- You need of onion, diced.
- It’s of celery stalks, diced.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- Prepare of salt – or more to taste.
- You need of of celery salt.
- Prepare of cajun seasoning.
- You need of of rosemary.
- You need of ground red and black pepper – to taste.
- You need of milk.
- It’s of all-purpose flour.
- You need of chopped parsley.
- Prepare of bacon, diced.
- It’s of cheese, shredded.
- Prepare of corn tortilla chips, crumbled.
When I snuggle up in front of the fireplace with my. This soup is delicious and satisfying on a cold winter day! You can forgo the celery seed if you like less celery flavor, and also add salt to taste, but it will change the sodium content in the nutritional information if you do. See great recipes for Cheesy Potato Mushroom Soup too!
Potato Soup (Yummy – w/Low Fat Options) step by step
- In a large stock pot, cook bacon until crisp. (Bacon is used as a garnish).
- Remove bacon and remove and discard half of the fat from the pot. Add onions and celery to pot (with remaining bacon fat) and saute for 2 mins. – FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, AFTER BACON IS COOKED, DISCARD ALL FAT AND SAUTE USING OLIVE OIL..
- Add potatoes to the pot (I like to keep the skin on). Cook for 5 mins..
- Add seasoning.
- Add water.
- Add Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (or your favorite condensed creamy soup). Stir and cook until potatoes begin to soften, about 8 – 10 mins. – FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, USE 98%FAT FREE CAMPBELL'S CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP..
- In a separate bowl, mix milk and flour until smooth. Add milk mixture (slowly while stirring) into pot. Cook for 5 mins. – FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, USE NON-FAT MILK..
- Remove half of the ingredients from the pot, and blend in a blender untill smooth. Return the blended ingredients to the pot and mix with the chunky ingredients (this keeps texture in your soup)..
- Add parsley. Simmer, stir, and taste. YUM!.
- When serving, garnish with cheese, bacon, and/or tortilla chips (optional but adds more texture, crunch, and flavor). – FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, OMIT BACON OR SUBTITUTE WITH TURKEY BACON, OMIT CHEESE, AND USE FAT FREE TORTILLA CHIPS..
Crock Pot Sweet Potato and Apples. Sweet potatoes slow cooked with apples and spices in the crock pot makes for a healthy vegetarian and vegan side dish perfect for Thanksgiving or any day. Top low fat low carb cream of potato soup recipes and other great tasting recipes with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com.. Potato and Ham Crock Pot Soup. A delicious way to use leftover ham and a perfect soup for Winter nights!