How to Cook Appetizing Chinese Soup with Ground Chicken and a Whole Onion
Chinese Soup with Ground Chicken and a Whole Onion.
You can cook Chinese Soup with Ground Chicken and a Whole Onion using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese Soup with Ground Chicken and a Whole Onion
- You need 4 of New harvest sweet onions (medium).
- You need 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 100 grams of Ground chicken.
- You need 800 ml of Water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ★ If using chicken bone stock granules:.
- You need 2 of cubes ● If using consommé soup stock cubes.
- You need 1 tbsp of each Katakuriko and water to add thickness.
Chinese Soup with Ground Chicken and a Whole Onion instructions
- Peel off the outer skins of the onions. Make a cross cut in the root ends of the onions, about 1/4 of the way through. Don't cut too deeply or the onions will fall apart..
- Line up the onions with the cut sides up in a heatproof dish. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 8 minutes! I use a 500 W microwave..
- Stir fry the ground chicken in a pot in which the 4 onions will just fit in. I recommend using sesame oil if possible..
- If you are using soup stock cubes, you can add bacon to the soup. Use vegetable oil if using soup stock cubes..
- Place the onions in the pan with the cut sides down. Add water. The water won't immerse the onions, but it's fine that way..
- Add the soy sauce and either the ★ or ● ingredients to the pan, and cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil! Once it comes to a boil, lower the heat to medium-low, and simmer for at least 20 minutes. Skim off any scum..
- Done. The meltingly soft onion is so delicious! But the soup tastes even better if you thicken it..
- If thickening the soup, take the piping hot onions out of the pan and stir the katakuriko dissolved in water into the boiling soup..
- Since the soup is thick, it will not cool as quickly as thinner soups..