Recipe: Tasty Chinese Daikon Radish and Ginger Soup
Chinese Daikon Radish and Ginger Soup. Daikon is white radish that's mild and sweet in flavor when cooked, and delicate yet with a spicy kick when grated and eaten raw. Our Daikon soup is made with pork broth and flavored with dried scallops if you have them. The Best Daikon Radish Soup Recipes on Yummly
I used both the tuber/root and the leaves of daikon radish. This easy Chinese braised daikon radish recipe shows you how to make a comforting, rich, and healthy one-pot dinner in no time. Chinese Chicken Mushroom Soup – Traditional Chinese Soup. You can have Chinese Daikon Radish and Ginger Soup using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chinese Daikon Radish and Ginger Soup
- Prepare 200 grams of Daikon radish.
- Prepare 1 of thumbtip worth's piece of ginger.
- You need 600 ml of Water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Chicken stock granules.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- You need 1 of Green onions or scallions.
With goji berries, Chinese dates, ginger, and Shiitake mushrooms Some people get turned off by the mere mention of oxtails but try this soup made with roasted oxtails and daikon radish, and we're pretty sure you'll change your mind! Daikon Radish Soup helps to clear heat and detoxify the body. It neutralizes toxins, stimulates weight loss, aids digestion and reduces inflammation. Daikon (白萝卜) is a root vegetable that looks similar to carrots but it is white in colour.
Chinese Daikon Radish and Ginger Soup step by step
- Peel the skin from the daikon, and chop it into 7- to 8-mm thick half rounds (or quarters, if large). Remove the skin off the garlic, then thinly slice..
- Combine the water, the vegetables from Step 1, and the chicken soup stock in a pan, and bring to a boil over high heat. After it comes to a boil, reduce to low heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the daikon becomes tender..
- Once the daikon becomes tender, adjust the taste with salt and sesame oil..
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with scallions. Bon appetit!.
Besides cooking in soups, daikon (or white radish) is also used in. Prized for its sweet, subtle flavor, daikon radish is popular in many Asian cuisines. Here, it adds a bit of crunch to a healthful chicken soup. A hearty yet light daikon soup with chicken, ginger, and spinach. This is one of my favorite soups to have whenever I feel like I need a boost of nutrients!