Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Winter cabbage soup
Winter cabbage soup. Prepare the vegetables: thinly slice the onions; finely chop the cabbage; shred the carrots. Heat the oil and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the vegetables, sugar, salt, and pepper.
Perfect for those cold winter days, this Spicy Cabbage Detox Soup is packed full of veggies, spices and a delicious vegan beef broth. This time of year there is nothing better than a bowl of piping hot soup. Saute onions in leftover bacon drippings. You can have Winter cabbage soup using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Winter cabbage soup
- It’s of Main.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Preserved Cabbage (pronounced as Dong Cai in Chinese, literally translated as Winter Vegetable), rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, not beaten.
- It’s 1 of white pepper powder.
- You need 1 of coriander (optional), washed and chopped.
- It’s 400 ml of water.
Add water to cover all (if needed). I use LOTS of pepper since this is supposed to be a PEPPERY winter warming, sinus clearing soup. Once everything is tender, puree the soup using a hand blender, season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in creme fraiche. In a Dutch oven, cook bacon over moderate heat until crisp.
Winter cabbage soup instructions
- Boil the water first. Then add in preserved cabbage and eggs. Cook for 1 minute..
- Add coriander for garnish. Add some white pepper powder to taste. Ready to serve..
Add onion and the diced potato; cook and stir until the onion softens. Add chicken broth, cabbage, carrot, wine, sugar and caraway seeds. You could also shred the cabbage thinly if you prefer. Balsamic vinegar: This will add a subtle tang and more flavour into the soup. When the winter storms are raging outside, it is time to hunker down and enjoy a warming, winter soup.