How to Cook Tasty Mike's 3 Pepper Steamed Bun Soup
Mike's 3 Pepper Steamed Bun Soup. Making steamed pork buns using soup dumpling filling. Juicy middle with a fluffy shell. * New videos every other Thursday ** Here's what you'll need! ** * Add white pepper, salt, soy sauce and sugar, mix well. * Add in the jello and cooled peppercorn oil and mix well. Start off by pan-searing the Quorn Vegan Burger patties, while combining the ingredients for the sauce.
Chinese soup dumplings, sometimes also referred to as Shanghai Soup Dumplings, xiaolongbao, tang bao, or "soupy buns" (as it is hilariously translated on some menus), are a steamed dumpling consisting of a paper thin wrapper enveloping a seasoned pork filling and hot, flavorful soup. I grew up with steamed pork buns- warm, fluffy, tastes delicious. I got a lot of request for this. You can cook Mike's 3 Pepper Steamed Bun Soup using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's 3 Pepper Steamed Bun Soup
- You need of 3 Pepper Soup Broth.
- Prepare 2 box of 32 oz Beef Broth [with sodium].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Quality Fish Sauce [like Thai Kitchen brand].
- You need 2 tbsp of Siracha Garlic Chile Sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 6 clove of Garlic [smashed whole & chopped].
- You need 1/2 cup of Fresh Cilantro [+ reserves for serving &/or garnish].
- It’s 1/2 cup of Fresh Chives [chopped at angle + reserves for serving &/or garnish].
- You need 1/3 cup of Fresh Parsley [chopped].
- It’s 1/2 cup of Fresh Thai Basil [+ reserves for serving & garnish].
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Oyster Mushrooms [rough chop].
- Prepare 1 of 1" Piece Fresh Ginger [left whole in pot].
- You need 1 of 1" Piece Fresh Diakon Radish [left whole in pot].
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Fine Chopped Lemon Grass [or 1 tablespoon fresh].
- You need 2 large of Fresh Jalapeños [round slice + reserves].
- You need 2 large of Fresh Habeneros [fine choped].
- Prepare 8 of Thai Chilies [stems removed – chilies left whole].
- You need 1/4 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice.
- It’s of Steamed Buns.
- It’s 4 of Oversized Frozen Beef Steamed Buns [12 oz 4 count].
People are asking me how make a fluffy, soft steamed bun? Asian Steamed Buns are soft pillowy buns also known as Bao, stuff them with your favorite filling and enjoy these little buns right at home! Honestly, I had never experienced a steamed bun until I ordered Asian tacos at a restaurant. When ordering them, I had no idea how they would be presented.
Mike's 3 Pepper Steamed Bun Soup step by step
- Chop up all of your fresh vegetables. Always wear gloves to chop your chiles..
- Add everything in the 3 Chile Soup Broth category [except for any reserves listed for serving or garnishing] and bring to a simmer for 30 minutes covered. Then, turn off heat..
- Pull your 1"diakon radish and your 1" ginger pieces from pot. Fine chop 1 tablespoon from each piece and place back in pot..
- Add any fresh reserves [at any amount you desire] to your pot and cover. No heat required. You'll want this dish layered with some crisp to your soup..
- ● Turn your broth back on to a simmer. ● You have 2 options at this stage. You can steam your frozen buns for 15 to 20 minutes or, you can microwave them separately for 2 minutes each as per manufactures directions. Steaming is much better tho..
- To steam: ● Place buns on steaming rack. ● Fill bottom of a pot with 1" water. ● Bring to a heavy boil. ● Turn down to medium low heat and gently place steaming basket and buns inside. Make sure water isn't touching your buns. ● Cover pot with a tight fitting lid and steam for 15 to 20 minutes. ● Check intermittently to make sure they're still steaming. Don't lift lid tho. You'll be able to see the stream rising from the side of your lid..
- ● Prepare to plate. ● Gently lift bun from steamer. ● Place in your serving bowl first. ● Ladle hot broth into bowl around your bun. ● Garnish bowl as you desire. Or, serve with fresh herbs and vegetables and allow your guests to garnish. ● Also, serve along with fish and Soy sauce. A good idea is to fill soup spoons with additional Siracha Garlic Chile Sauce. ● Serve immediately. Enjoy!.
Chinese steamed buns can be stuffed with various types of fillings or unstuffed. So in hot summer days, place the dough in cooler places. Pillowy soft steamed buns filled with a sweet, savoury saucy pork filling. Homemade Chinese Pork Buns are truly just like what you get at dim sum / yum Large groups descend upon vast restaurants from mid morning, with steaming trolleys piled high with dumplings and buns rattling around the room. Hong Kong or Pau Flour has a similar protein content as cake flour but it is bleached and milled very fine.