Recipe: Delicious Mixed Mushroom & Tofu Soup (Vegan/Vegetarian/Low Carb)
Mixed Mushroom & Tofu Soup (Vegan/Vegetarian/Low Carb). Porcini mushrooms are extremely popular in Italy and many regions hold festivals in the fall when porcini are plentiful using this hearty, earthy mushroom in every dish imaginable. Kinoko Mix: The kinoko mix containing oyster mushrooms, shiitakes, eryngii and wood ears are perfect for tossing into almost any stir-fry. Add this mix to chicken stock with a little cream and a dash of sherry for a delicious mushroom soup.
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. If morels are not available, I use whatever mushrooms I can find at the supermarket. If you like crumble some goat cheese over the top. You can have Mixed Mushroom & Tofu Soup (Vegan/Vegetarian/Low Carb) using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mixed Mushroom & Tofu Soup (Vegan/Vegetarian/Low Carb)
- You need of Sauces.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chu Hou Paste (from a Chinese grocery).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oyster Sauce (Vegan version at health food store).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Sesame oil.
- You need of Light Soy Sauce.
- You need of Produce.
- You need 1 of Garlic Clove (sliced).
- It’s 1 tbs of Ginger (sliced).
- Prepare 3 stalks of Spring Onion (sliced lengthways into quarters & halved).
- It’s 160 gms of Broccoli (Cut into florets).
- You need 150 gms of mixed Asian Mushrooms (sliced).
- It’s 1 stalk of Chinese Asparagus (Peeled and thickly sliced).
- You need 1 Handful of Corriander.
- Prepare 60 gms of (Approx) Bean Shoots.
- You need of Spices.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice.
- Prepare 1 of Dried Chilli.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1 of Star Anise.
- You need of Other.
- It’s 300 gms of Firm Tofu (cubed).
- Prepare 3 cups of Vegetable Stock.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
Beat the eggs, olive oil, and salt in a spouted measuring cup. If it's too loose, add a. This mix provides a delicious blend of mushrooms, with a very palatable mixture of flavors and textures. The inclusion of portabellos makes this blend very filling so a smaller amount of mushrooms goes farther.
Mixed Mushroom & Tofu Soup (Vegan/Vegetarian/Low Carb) step by step
- Prepare Vegetables (as per in ingredients list).
- With all ingredients prepared, you can start..
- Heat Sesame oil in pot, then add the plate of Spices and stir fry quickly. Add the Mushrooms and stir fry for a minute, add the asparagus and sauces and 1 cup of stock. Mix all together..
- Add the broccoli, spring onion and the rest of the stock and the water to pot & lightly push down into the ingredients below. Bring the liquid to the boil..
- Turn down and cook on low for approx 20mins on low with lid on..
- Just before serving, add the tofu, bean shoots and and corriander & lightly stir through).
Very importantly, these mushrooms are VERY clean, with almost no dirt or grit. Follow the instructions on the jar when re-hydrating. Brush off any dirt from the mushrooms with a pastry brush or a dish towel. Slice the mushrooms thinly, but tear girolles, chanterelles and blewits in half. Put the olive oil in a very hot frying.