Recipe: Yummy Stirfried Squid and Bok Choy soup
Stirfried Squid and Bok Choy soup. Chinese style squid stir-fry is a delicious and healthy way to eat squid. The recipe comes with a video to show you the whole cooking process. Remove from heat and place squid and sauce on a plate.
This Bok Choy Soup will fight your flu. Now, I can't claim that it will cure anything (I'm not a doctor), but things like ginger and garlic are there to help when you feel like crap. In other words, you have the base, but that doesn't mean you can't go wild with it. You can have Stirfried Squid and Bok Choy soup using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stirfried Squid and Bok Choy soup
- It’s 1 of Squid.
- You need 1 of Carrot.
- It’s 1 of Courgette.
- Prepare 1 of Celery stalk or small Chinese celery bunch.
- You need 1 of Bok Choy.
- You need 2 of tbsp grinded dried shrimp.
- It’s 1 of big bowl of water.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Dashi.
This weekend I will be playing catch-up, but can't wait to share with you everything I learned during my time away- as well as a pretty awesome recipe or two debunking the belief that canned fruit is "bad for you". Spicy Stir Fried Tofu with Bok Choy. Stir Fried Bok Choy is an easy healthy side dish that is prepared in about ten minutes. Even my picky son loves this dish.
Stirfried Squid and Bok Choy soup step by step
- Cut the squid open and clean the gut..
- Throw out the sack, scale, teeth and eyes..
- Cut the Squid in bite size pieces. Please note that some Squid like NZ squid are quite tough so you may need to slice them up..
- Slice up the veges. I use Chinese celery for the aroma because I hate eating celery. Those are frozen since Chinese celery is hard to find in NZ supermarket..
- Put your wok or pan on the stove at high temperature. Add oil and wait for the oil to heat..
- Throw in the squid, add salt and dashi stock to taste. Stir the Squid until the flesh turns solid white (as opposed to the transparent white colour of raw squid)..
- Add veges and stir for a few minutes. Remove from heat..
- Fill your soup pot with water and put on the stove at high temperature..
- Add grinded dried shrimp, salt and dashi stock to taste..
- Wash the bok choy and cut it into small pieces..
- Once water is boiled, throw in the bok choy and turn off the stove. Leave the pot on to let the heat cook the bok choy for 5 minutes..
- Serve with rice..
Bok choy is a type of Chinese cabbage. You might find it at the market under different names like Chinese white cabbage, pak choi or pok. In this Bok Choy recipe, you'll learn a stir-frying trick to cook bok choy perfectly, with amazing garlic and ginger flavor without burning Separate out the bok choy leaves and rinse under running water. But leave the tender baby that's in the middle of each bok choy! If using bok choy, trim off the bottoms and separate into stalks.