Recipe: Appetizing Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang)
Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang). Great recipe for Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang). The body will need help in recovering after fighting off the cold. Said to improve stamina, the Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup is a popular healthy home cooked meal.
I prefer a stronger herbal taste in my soup so I added the rest of the other herbs and used the amount required according to a pre-packed herbal soup that I tried. As a part of traditional Chinese cuisine, the use of food as a way of healing and nourishing the self (食疗, shi liao) is extremely vital to health and longevity. Said to improve stamina, the Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup is a popular healthy home cooked meal. You can have Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang) using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang)
- Prepare 1 pc of Whole Chicken Leg (bone in).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1.5 litres of Water (or as needed).
- Prepare of Dun Ji Tang herbs;.
- Prepare 6 g of Astragalus Root (Bei Chi 北芪).
- You need 15 g of Codonopsis (Dang Shen 党参).
- It’s 11 g of Chinese Yam (Huai Shan 淮山).
- You need 23 g of Solomon's Seal (Yu Zhu 玉竹).
- You need 23 g of Wolfberries (Goji Zi 枸杞子).
- You need of Optional.
- It’s 20 g of Red Dates.
- It’s 20 g of Dried Longan.
You can get the ingredients from a local Chinese Herbalist. It's better if you know the Chinese names, so I listed their. Ingredients: Packet of herbal soup ingredients Chicken. Livin Life with Rick and Jerre Recommended for you Chinese Four Herbs Soup (Si Shen Tang 四神汤) helps to strengthen the spleen and digestive system, calms the nerves and improve poor appetite.
Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang) step by step
- CHICKEN; rinse the chicken. Dry the chicken with kitchen towels and then salt it. Let it sit for 30 minutes..
- STEW; In a pot, place in all the Herbs as well as Water and chicken. Bring it to a boil and then turn down the heat to a simmer. REMOVE any scum from the surface and let the soup cook for 1 hour or until the liquid has been reduced by half..
- SERVE; turn off the heat, remove the chicken and let it rest for 10 minutes. Then, chop the chicken into serving size. Taste the soup to see if it needs to be seasoned. Serve in a bowl..
I love the aroma of Chinese herbal soups. They not only improve our health but they're delicious too. Si Shen Tang (四神汤) is easy to prepare and is said to be good for the spleen and digestive system. DUN JI TANG //CHINESE HERBAL SOUP. tangshen root, Membranous milkvetch root, Barbary wolfberries fruit, Chinese angelica root, chuanxiong rhizome, Liquorice . Huai Shan Soup (Herbal Taste Soup).