Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy spicy hot and sour soup
spicy hot and sour soup. After trimming off any tough stems, slice the mushrooms. With the fingers, shred the tiger lily stems. Hot and Sour Soup is light in taste.
We certainly don't wait for just cold weather. Chinese restaurant-style hot and sour soup made easy! The hearty, spicy, sour broth is loaded with mushrooms, silky eggs, and tofu. You can have spicy hot and sour soup using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of spicy hot and sour soup
- Prepare 8 cup of water.
- It’s 8 each of chicken bouillon cubes.
- You need 1/4 lb of shredded pork.
- Prepare 1 can of julliened bamboo shoots.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cabbage.
- Prepare 8 oz of package baby portabella mushrooms.
- You need 2 of hot chili pepper with seeds, diced finely.
- You need 8 oz of diced tofu or bean curd.
- It’s 3 of stalks green onion with tops finely chopped, reserved.
- You need 5 tbsp of white rice vinegar.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 3/4 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 of lightly beaten eggs, reserved.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cornstarch mixed in a half cup water, reserved.
I've included lots of notes so you can tweak the recipe with the ingredients you have on hand, plus how to make this dish vegetarian. This spicy and sour soup could be a light meal in itself, full of peppers, snow peas, water chestnuts, green onions, and tofu. Hot and Sour Soup Ingredients: To make this hot and sour soup recipe, you will need: Broth: Either chicken or veggie stock (or broth) will do. Mushrooms: I highly recommend using shiitake mushrooms, but baby bella or even button mushrooms would also do.
spicy hot and sour soup step by step
- In large stock pot add the 8 cups of water and bouillon cubes and bring to a boil until all bouillon cubes are dissolved..
- Add shredded pork, bamboo shoots, cabbage, mushrooms, hot chili peppers, and tofu..
- Boil 3-5 minutes, until mushrooms and cabbage are tender..
- Add white rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, dark soy sauce, salt, white and black pepper..
- Allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes..
- Stir in cornstarch mixture to thicken and remove from heat..
- Pour beaten eggs in a slow stream while constantly stirring in one direction..
- Allow to sit 1-2 minutes, then stir in green onions..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
Rice vinegar, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, ground ginger: To flavor the broth.; Cornstarch: To thicken the broth. Retired Chef Cook Fai, again, demonstrate this classical favorite, easy to make, delicious soup, loaded with lot of black pepper. So in essence, the name means "Boiling Hot and Sour Shrimp" soup. Tom Yum is actually very easy to make in the western hemisphere, exactly the way they make it in Thailand. The Hot and Sour Soup flavor comes from the addition of chiles, or sometimes Thai chile paste, and a hearty splash of lime juice added at the end.