Recipe: Perfect Wonton soup
Wonton soup. Get Campbells Wonton Soup today with Drive Up, Pick Up or Same Day Delivery. Fold wonton in half diagonally to create a triangle, and seal the edges. Fold the two identical corners in on each other and press again to seal.
This chicken wonton soup recipe is so quick and easy to whip up. It has lots of healthy veggies and is semi-homemade using frozen wontons. Wonton soup If you've ever had store bought frozen wontons or wontons from a good value Chinese place that probably uses frozen wontons, you will be amazed how different homemade ones are. You can cook Wonton soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wonton soup
- Prepare 24 of wonton wrappers.
- You need 1/2 lb of boneless lean pork chopped finely..
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 of a few drops seaseme oil.
- Prepare 1 of half teaspoon sugar.
- It’s 1 of green onion finely minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1 of half teaspoon grated freash ginger.
- It’s 1 of water for boiling wonton.
- You need 4 1/2 of 5 cups chicken stock.
The main difference is the texture of the filling – because homemade wontons are made with just pure fresh ingredients, NO mysterious fillers! Whenever we're ordering take-out, wonton soup is always a must. See, I have a major thing for wontons. But little did I know that the homemade version is unbelievably easy.
Wonton soup step by step
- Combine all 8 ingredients in a bowl mix well. No need to pre cook meat..
- Moisten edges of wonton with water put teaspoon of filling in center..
- Fold in half length wise press down to seal. Take both ends bring together seal with water should resemble a nurses cap..
- Boil water in big pot leave enough room for those baby to swim in. Boil 5-8 minutes until they rise to top remove with slotted spoon ..
- Cut some scallions and throw in soup.
- Bring chicken stock to a boil.add wonton back to stock throw in scallions a n sesame oil. Enjoy.
- Finish result.
The soup is made from boiling shrimp shells, pork bones and dried flounder to give it a distinct taste. Hong Kong wontons were introduced to the area after World War II as street food and later indoor eateries. Wonton is served in variety of sizes with smallest being two wonton and noodles called Sai Yung.  Sichuan cuisine Place stuffed wonton on a wax paper lined baking sheet and cover lightly with a kitchen towel. Repeat until all wontons are made. Bring reserved broth to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium low.