Easiest Way to Cook Delicious Egg Drop Soup
Egg Drop Soup. Growing up, my family had a tradition of eating lunch at our local. This Chinese egg drop soup from my friend and guest contributor Garrett McCord couldn't be easier! Condiments such as black or white pepper.
I had never had egg drop soup and it was good. I didnt use the cornstarch or food coloring and I used green onion instead of chives. All Reviews for Egg Drop Soup (Better than Restaurant Quality!) This Egg Drop Soup is a healthy Chinese broth based soup made with eggs, chicken broth, cornstarch, and green onions. You can have Egg Drop Soup using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egg Drop Soup
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of chicken bouillon cubes.
- It’s of water.
- You need of cornstarch.
- It’s of sesame oil.
- It’s of firm tofu.
- It’s of frozen peas and carrots.
- You need of eggs.
- You need of finely diced green onion.
- It’s of soy sauce (optional).
How to thicken egg drop soup? If you prefer a thicker texture try adding starch to the soup. Egg drop soup (also called egg flower soup) is known as 蛋花湯 in Chinese. In its simplest form, the only ingredients needed are the broth itself, eggs, and spring onion (also known as green onions or.
Egg Drop Soup instructions
- *Prepping your tofu – Slice tofu and lay on a paper towel lined cookie sheet. Top with more paper towel and another cookie sheet. Weight down slightly and wait 30 minutes. Then prepare however you prefer – cutting into long stalks or small cubes, anything you like..
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil..
- Add chicken bouillon cubes, stir until dissolved..
- In a small bowl combine corn starch and 1/2 cup water, add to chicken broth..
- Add sesame oil and stir well. I taste to see if salt is needed, your person choice..
- Add desired amount of tofu and peas and carrots..
- Bring back to a boil..
- Beat desired amount of eggs. My family prefers a lot of egg I usually use about 5 sometimes 6..
- Slowly pour the egg in while continuously stirring in 1 direction..
- Remove from heat. Serve with green onion and soy sauce if desired..
Japanese egg drop soup or Kakitamajiru, is a clear soup with eggs. Simple delicious recipe – requires only a few ingredients but packed with umami flavour. This soup is always a highlight for me when we go out to eat! I love the simplicity of it and all the flavors! Looking at it and seeing the ingredients for this soup, you would be.