How to Prepare Delicious Wanton Wonton Soup
Wanton Wonton Soup. Fold wonton in half diagonally to create a triangle, and seal the edges. Fold the two identical corners in on each other and press again to seal. Repeat until all wonton wrappers are filled.
It has lots of healthy veggies and is semi-homemade using frozen wontons. In a large saucepan or soup pot heat the oil over medium high heat until hot. Using Kettle & Fire Chicken Bone Broth for the soup base (plus loads of greens and vegetables), all that's needed is a little bit of patience to wrap up the pork and shrimp wontons. You can cook Wanton Wonton Soup using 22 ingredients and 27 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wanton Wonton Soup
- Prepare 6 piece of chicken.
- It’s 2 lb of pork bones or 2 large ribs.
- It’s 1 of large onion halved.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced ginger.
- Prepare 16 cup of water.
- You need 2 of large Portobello mushroom caps sliced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tsp of concentrated chicken bullion or 2 cubes (vegetable works too).
- You need 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 of spring onions cut Michonne style to sprinkle on top.
- It’s 1 lb of ground pork.
- Prepare 3 of minced green onion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Rice wine (not rice wine vinegar) ~ note I did not have rice wine but did have white wine, it substitutes well.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Sriracha.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of minced ginger.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cornstarch – more or less may be needed depending on how sticky your mix is.
- It’s 1 packages of wontons.
- You need 2 head of baby bok choy.
Delicious homemade Wonton Soup is the best way to satisfy any craving for Chinese food without having to leave the house. Tender wontons filled with seasoned pork swim in a clear broth flavored with ginger, soy, sesame, and garlic. Big batches of wontons can be made ahead of time and frozen for a quick and yummy meal in minutes. For more information on wonton wrappers, check out our Chinese Noodles and wrappers page, which describes all types of noodles, wonton wrappers, dumpling skins and more!.
Wanton Wonton Soup instructions
- Get your chicken pieces.
- Now gather up your piggy.
- And now your onion….
- You add your chicken, pork and onion to the water in a large pot. Stir in the boullion. Add the white pepper and first set of sesame oil and soy sauce to the stock..
- Simmer that loveliness for about 2 amazing hours. Do not go far you have more to do..
- Get that lovely ground piggy in a bowl..
- Collect soy sauce, fish sauce, (rice) wine, sesame oil..
- Gather up the green onion, the ginger, and the garlic..
- Put your liquids and your roots in a processor and pulse away..
- Mix the flavor explosion that is in your processor into your pork..
- I put plastic wrap tight to the pork and tuck it in the fridge while I do the next bit. This also gives it a chance for the flavors to fall in love and marry..
- Remove stems and gills from your mushrooms, then slice 1/2 inch thick. (You can toss these in the stock now if you like, but check out what I did below).
- Put those in a pan and sauteé for a bit until nice and browned. (The more brown the meatier in flavor).
- Remove the pork bones and chicken parts using a slotted spoon. (I used a wire basket frying spoon)..
- Add sesame oil, ginger, soy sauce, bullion, and white pepper. Also add those mushrooms. Give it a slight stir. Turn to low while you do the rest..
- Now it's time to fold the pants off some wontons..
- Place NO MORE THAN 1 tsp filing in each wrapper.
- Use your fingertip to lightly dampen am four sides of the wrapper and fold up from one corner tip to the top corner tip..
- Press the air out around the porky goodness and seal it all in..
- Use your thumb to push in a little dent in the butt of the wonton..
- Fold the little legs up one at a time, criss-cross style..
- Bring up the second leg and cross it over the first.
- Clean (well) and cut your bok choy (as you see fit), add to the stock. Increase heat to a simmer again. ~ sorry no picture.
- Place your beautiful bundles of joy *wontons* in the stock just until they start to float and pucker around the meat. 1-2 minutes (not much filling so no worries) ~Again sorry no pic.
- I still had about half of the filling mix left and no more wonton wrappers, so away it went in a pan and sautéed it was. Then tossed in along with the loveliness that was simmering..
- Top with green onion if you like and serve in a large bowl because you will want to eat a ton!.
So easy to follow and delicious, this wonton soup recipe will serve you for years to come. The soup is made from boiling shrimp shells, pork bones and dried flounder to give it a distinct taste. Hong Kong wontons were introduced to the area after World War II as street food and later indoor eateries. To assemble the wonton noodle soup, heat up the chicken broth in a medium pot. Adjust seasoning by adding salt, to taste.