Recipe: Appetizing Hot N Sour Soup
Hot N Sour Soup. Find Hot And Sour Soup Now! Put the wood ears in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Drain and rinse the wood ears; discard any hard clusters in the centers.
Rice vinegar, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, ground ginger: To flavor the broth.; Cornstarch: To thicken the broth. White pepper gives the soup its signature heat, and the vinegar levels can be adjusted according to how sour you like your hot and sour soup. Keep the soup simmering (it should be bubbling before you add the egg, or the soup will turn cloudy when the egg is added), and begin stirring in a circular motion with your ladle once again. You can cook Hot N Sour Soup using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hot N Sour Soup
- You need of Meat and Vegetables.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cooking oil (not olive oil).
- Prepare 4 oz of Chicken or pork, thinly sliced (cooked or raw, optional).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped mushroom, fresh.
- It’s 1/2 cup of carrot, julienned or sliced thin.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cabbage (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 each of Thai pepper, whole or chopped (optional).
- It’s 1 of or.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s of Broth.
- Prepare 5 cup of chicken stock or broth.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of vinegar such as apple cider, white, or rice.
- Prepare 4 oz of extra firm tofu, cut into bite size pieces..
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare of Finishes.
- It’s 2 each of eggs, beaten.
- You need 1/2 tsp of white pepper (optional).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sesame oil (use a quality brand).
- You need 2 each of green onion, fresh, sliced.
Hot and Sour Soup Basic Ingredients: Mushrooms: I used white mushrooms for this recipe because that's what my local grocery store had on hand but, shiitake mushrooms will give it a more authentic flavor if you can get your hands on some. After trimming off any tough stems, slice the mushrooms. With the fingers, shred the tiger lily stems. hot and sour soup recipe hot sour soup recipe with detailed photo and video recipe. an easy and simple soup recipe known for its spice and sourness taste. it is fast food or a street food recipe served as appetizer or starter just before an indo chinese or north indian meal. generally, it is made with diced vegetables and indo chinese sauces and a fried noodles topping, but.
Hot N Sour Soup step by step
- Meat and Vegetables: Heat the oil in a medium saucepan on high heat. Note: olive oil has a much lower smoke point than other oils. Not recomended. Note: if using cooked meat, skip to step 2. Add meat if raw. Cook and stir for about 5 min or until mostly done..
- Note: If you want to reduce the heat, wait to add thai pepper or red pepper flakes until step 7. Add mushroom, carrot, cabbage, and Thai pepper or red pepper flakes. Cook for another 5 min or until carrots are softened slightly..
- If using cooked meat, add now. Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. Stir until the mixture is coated with the soy sauce..
- Add chicken broth or stock..
- Note: Read this step completely before doing it. Add remaining soy sauce and vinegar, one tbs at a time, alternating between soy sauce and vinegar. Taste after each tablespoon addition to ensure that the flavor is to your liking. It should have a balanced flavor between salty and sour (you should be able to taste both equally). Adjust as necessary by adding more or less soy sauce or vinegar..
- Combine cornstarch and water in a separate bowl or cup..
- Add tofu and cornstarch/water mixture. If you haven't aready, add the Thai pepper or red pepper flakes now for less heat..
- Bring to a full boil. The broth will thicken slightly..
- Critical step: After it reaches a boil, remove from heat for about 30 seconds. While stirring slowly, slowly drizzle the beaten eggs into the soup. Note: if the broth is too hot, the eggs will overcook and disintegrate, making a milky broth instead of long ribbons like it's supposed to. Don't worry, it still makes a tasty soup, although the presentation won't be as great..
- Keep the heat off, but finish the soup by adding the sesame oil and white pepper. Stir to blend..
- Provide sliced green onion for garnish. Serve..
In a large cooking pot, add chicken broth, ginger root, and peppercorns, and bring to boil. Hot and sour soup recipe with step by step photos. This is a spicy, sour and hot vegetable soup from the Indo Chinese cuisine. Come winters and we really look forward to having hot bowl of soups in the season, even though we are not much of soup lovers. You Asked for It – Hot and Sour Soup!