Recipe: Delicious Carrot Egg Drop Soup with Mochi Rice Cake
Carrot Egg Drop Soup with Mochi Rice Cake. Ozoni is a traditional Japanese New Year's specialty food made from miso soup with vegetables and mochi (rice cakes). Mochi is a Japanese rice cake that is made from steamed white rice or glutinous rice. It can also be made from steamed brown rice.
Peel carrot and slice into rounds. If you like to decorate the soup with a carrot flower Is it possible one person who serve the soup can drop mochi in boiling water and pick up before pouring the soup? If your taro potatoes are fresh, please. You can have Carrot Egg Drop Soup with Mochi Rice Cake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot Egg Drop Soup with Mochi Rice Cake
- It’s 2 cups (480 ml) of water.
- Prepare 100 g of carrot (grated).
- It’s 1/2 cm of ginger (grated).
- You need 2 Tbsp of miso.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of potato starch.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of water.
- It’s 2 of eggs (beaten).
- You need 2 of mochi rice cakes (50g×2).
- You need 1 of thin sliced green onion for garnish.
But how exactly does this Tomato Egg Drop Noodle Soup fit into a season of prime rib roasts and glasses of champagne? Note: For this tomato egg drop noodle soup recipe, it's best to use vine ripened tomatoes, which will create a rich, red soup base. Egg drop soup was always her first choice. You don't need to add tons of spices like star anise and cloves because it overpowers the delicate egg flavor.
Carrot Egg Drop Soup with Mochi Rice Cake instructions
- Cook grated carrot and ginger in medium heat with 2 cups water..
- Add miso to taste..
- In a small bowl, mix potato starch and 1 Tbsp water. stir it into the boiling soup and cook until the soup thickens..
- Add the beaten eggs to the boiling soup. When their colour changes, stir slowly and cook until the eggs set..
- Place mochi rice cake in a bowl, and microwave 40 seconds, or until soft..
- Pour the soup on the softened mochi rice cake and sprinkle with green onion..
Anyone who knows me will tell you that I absolutely adore a good bowl of egg drop soup. It was my favorite food in the whole entire world as a kid. Egg drop soup makes me think of my grandmother every time I see it, and it's a soup I turn to when I need something light, comforting, and warm. You might recognize egg drop soup from the bowl you get with the lunch plates at Chinese-American restaurants, with swirling strands of eggs floating in a. Rice Cake Soup – Tteok Guk is a New Year's must for Koreans.