Easiest Way to Make Yummy Wonton soup
Wonton soup. Fold wonton in half diagonally to create a triangle, and seal the edges. Fold the two identical corners in on each other and press again to seal. Repeat until all wonton wrappers are filled.
It has lots of healthy veggies and is semi-homemade using frozen wontons. Whenever we're ordering take-out, wonton soup is always a must. See, I have a major thing for wontons. You can cook Wonton soup using 6 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wonton soup
- It’s 4 C of chicken stock.
- You need of Fresh Ginger, 2" piece peeled, sliced thin.
- Prepare 2 tsp of soy sauce (low sodium).
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, smashed.
- You need 1/4 tsp of sesame oil (I used olive oil).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of green onions, sliced thin for garnish.
But little did I know that the homemade version is unbelievably easy. Wonton soup If you've ever had store bought frozen wontons or wontons from a good value Chinese place that probably uses frozen wontons, you will be amazed how different homemade ones are. The main difference is the texture of the filling – because homemade wontons are made with just pure fresh ingredients, NO mysterious fillers! The soup is made from boiling shrimp shells, pork bones and dried flounder to give it a distinct taste.
Wonton soup step by step
- In a medium soup pot, bring all the soup ingredients to a boil. Then simmer for 8 minutes. You can remove the garlic and ginger now if desired, and bring it back to a boil to cook wontons. If using fresh wontons, sear them first on both sides, then add them in the soup and cook for 10 minutes. If using frozen wontons, add in the soup and cook for 3-4 minutes. Serve in bowls and garnish with the green onions..
Hong Kong wontons were introduced to the area after World War II as street food and later indoor eateries. To make the soup: bring the chicken stock to a boil. Add the wontons and bring the soup back to a boil. Add the green onion, remove the pot from the heat and add the sesame oil, stirring. Place stuffed wonton on a wax paper lined baking sheet and cover lightly with a kitchen towel.