Recipe: Appetizing Hangover Egg Drop Soup
Hangover Egg Drop Soup. Growing up, my family had a tradition of eating lunch at our local little Chinese restaurant every single Saturday. All Reviews for Egg Drop Soup (Better than Restaurant Quality!) I had never had egg drop soup and it was good. I didnt use the cornstarch or food coloring and I used green onion instead of chives.
You might recognize egg drop soup from the bowl you get with the lunch plates at Chinese-American restaurants, with swirling strands of eggs floating in a. Egg drop soup (Chinese: 蛋花湯; pinyin: Dànhuātāng) is a Chinese soup of wispy beaten eggs in boiled chicken broth. Condiments such as black or white pepper. You can cook Hangover Egg Drop Soup using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hangover Egg Drop Soup
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- It’s 2 cubes of chicken bouillon.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 pinch of white pepper.
- It’s 2 stalks of fresh chives.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cornstarch (optional).
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of water (optional).
- You need 2 of eggs.
This Egg Drop Soup is a healthy Chinese broth based soup made with eggs, chicken broth, cornstarch, and green onions. Velvety broth with julienned carrots and green onion. Egg drop soup was always her first choice. You don't need to add tons of spices like star anise and cloves because it overpowers the delicate egg flavor.
Hangover Egg Drop Soup step by step
- Bring water and bouillon to boil to make broth.
- Chop chives and whisk eggs while broth comes to boil.
- Add soy sauce & white pepper to broth.
- If you like your egg drop soup thicker, make a slurry by whisking corn starch into a tiny bit o’ water, then add to soup.
- Slowly stir in whisked eggs and reduce heat, let simmer until eggs are cooked to preference.
- Move to bowls and add chives.
- DONESKIES! Snap a photo & show us how it turned out!.
- Not hungover? Try adding chopped mushrooms, and water chestnuts to kick it up a notch.
Japanese egg drop soup or Kakitamajiru, is a clear soup with eggs. Simple delicious recipe – requires only a few ingredients but packed with umami flavour. How to thicken egg drop soup? If you prefer a thicker texture try adding starch to the soup. Slowly stir the paste into the chicken stock BEFORE adding the eggs.