Recipe: Delicious Shrimp Wonton Soup
Shrimp Wonton Soup. If you are interested in Sichuan style red oil wonton soup, check here Spicy wonton soup. Firstly, we need to make the shrimp filling. In a large bowl, mix minced pork (you can also add chicken)and shrimp with green onions, grated ginger, coriander, light soy sauce, egg white, sesame oil and salt.
Since this is a shrimp wonton soup I like to simmer the broth along with the shrimp shells for a few minutes to get even more shrimp flavour into the soup and throwing in some lemongrass and ginger really brighten things up. The broth is finished with touch of fish sauce. Handwrapped shrimp wonton served with yu choy, a traditional chinese vegetable, with Japanese-style ramen. You can have Shrimp Wonton Soup using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp Wonton Soup
- Prepare of Stock:.
- It’s 1 tbls of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tbls of freshly grated ginger.
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 4 oz of shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 1 cup of mixed greens or 2 baby book choy or both.
- You need 3 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 tbls of yellow miso paste, or more, to taste.
- It’s of Wontons:.
- Prepare 8 oz of medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and diced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbls of oyster sauce.
- You need 2 tbls of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbls of freshly grated ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Sriracha, optional.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 36 (2 inch) of Wonton wrappers.
Our shrimp is freshly supplied from our farms. We emphasize the use of no antibiotics and practicing environmentally friendly farming. Our Soup is flavorful, aromatic, and easy to make. Easy wonton soup recipe with juicy shrimp wontons in chicken broth.
Shrimp Wonton Soup instructions
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, garlic, green onions, oyster sauce, ginger, sesame oil, Sriracha and pepper..
- To assemble the wontons, place wrappers on a work surface (I usually do 3 at a time). Keep remaining wrappers under a slightly damp cloth, they dry out quickly. Spoon appx 1 tsp of the shrimp mixture on to the center of the wrappers. Using your finger, rub the edge of the wrappers with water. Fold the dough over the filling to creat a triangle, pinch the edges to seal, set aside..
- Heat 1 tbls sesame oil in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger, and cook stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes..
- Whisk in chicken broth, mushrooms and 2 cups water..
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer till mushrooms have softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in greens and/or bok choy, and green onions. Stir in miso paste until well combined, about 1-2 minutes..
- Stir I wontons until cooked through, appx 2-3 minutes.
Learn the best and most authentic ways to make this classic Chinese soup at home with my step-by-step picture guide. Sea Best Soup Bowls Shrimp Wonton Soup delivers authentic Asian flavor and Sea Best shrimp in a quick heat and serve bowl. Seasoned broth infused with garlic and spring onion, create the perfect base for tender shrimp-filled wontons. Enjoy all the flavor in its own microwaveable bowl. Just add water, heat and enjoy.