Recipe: Appetizing Squash (ed) Soup!
Squash (ed) Soup!. Enjoy Our Tasty Butternut Squash Bisque Made with Apple and Cinnamon! Full of summer flavor, butternut squash and corn soup is brightened with plain yogurt and seasoned with basil and nutmeg. This is an easy make ahead lunch or could be combined with a salad and crusty bread for an easy dinner.
Squash Soup Recipes Butternut squash soup is a definite crowd-pleaser during cooler months. Try this creamy fall and winter favorite with curry, ginger, garlic or cinnamon; it's especially satisfying on a cold day. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. You can cook Squash (ed) Soup! using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Squash (ed) Soup!
- It’s 1/2 of butternut squash, peeled and cubed into 3cms pieces.
- It’s 2 of medium carrots, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 handful of chopped cavolo nero or kale leaves.
- You need 2 of diced onions.
- It’s 4 of celery sticks diced.
- You need 3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped.
- Prepare 3 of cms fresh ginger, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut/olive oil.
- It’s of Freshly ground black/long pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of herby salt (Herbamare).
- It’s 1-2 of vegetable stock cubes (optional).
- It’s 1 of heaped tsp ground turmeric.
- You need 1 of heaped tsp ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of heaped tsp fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1 of heaped tsp cumin seeds.
It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines. I'd like to think this is the most elegant version of butternut squash soup out there. Butternut Squash Soup Recipes Savory, sweet and nutritious, butternut squash is versatile and delicious. We've chosen some of our favorite recipes that showcase this seasonal vegetable.
Squash (ed) Soup! instructions
- Use the oil to fry the onion over a low heat in a large heavy bottomed saucepan until they soften..
- Add the garlic, ginger, celery and spices and fry for a further minute, stirring to prevent sticking..
- Add the water (pre-boiled to speed things up!) to the pan with the squash, carrots, stock (if using), salt and pepper..
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for around 30 mins or until the squash and carrots are soft..
- Add the cavolo nero/kale and simmer for a further 5 mins..
- Take the soup off the heat and squash it to your preferred consistency using a humble potato masher! This creates a delicious and hearty soup that still has texture. It can be blended if preferred, but you will need to change the name!.
Acorn squash is roasted and blended with onion, carrot, and garlic to create a smooth and delicious soup. Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree. This traditional butternut squash soup will go great with grilled cheese sandwiches and salads through the end of winter. Keep it in mind for the holidays, too. I designed this soup to complement typical Thanksgiving fare, like green beans and mashed potatoes.