Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Broccoli and Stilton soup
Broccoli and Stilton soup. Our easy creamy broccoli and Stilton soup recipe with bubbling Stilton croûtons is the perfect antidote to the winter blues. Add the fried spring onions, Stilton and cream and blend until smooth. Transfer the blended mixture to a pan and bring gently to a simmer.
The broccoli shines through and the blue cheese adds creaminess and an added something something. Broccoli and Stilton Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This winter warmer will swallow up your leftover Christmas cheese, but should you start with shallots and use chicken stock? You can have Broccoli and Stilton soup using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli and Stilton soup
- Prepare 1 ltr of stock (veg).
- It’s 2 of broccoli (trimmed).
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- You need of Stilton cheese.
- You need of hand full kale add colour.
Slice the shallot and sweat down in the butter. Remove the florets from the stalk of broccoli and chop into very small pieces. Our broccoli and stilton soup is an excellent mid-week dinner and a great way to use up scraps of leftover cheese. A classic vegetarian soup, this recipe is a delicious winter warmer – and freezable too – making it ideal for storing away to use as a delicious lunch or dinner days when you're too tired.
Broccoli and Stilton soup step by step
- Add trimmed broccoli ends to stock and bring to the boil.
- Add salt and pepper don't over season.
- Add some kale to bring a vibrant green colour when blitzing.
- Put contents into a food processor and Blitz's for a good 5 minutes so its nice and smooth.
- Finish with shavings of Stilton and freshly baked bread.
An easy soup recipe, great for using up leftover stilton or other blue cheese. Add half the cheese and using a blender whizz to a smooth soup (taking care as hot). What makes this soup different than others is the roasting of the broccoli, potatoes, and onion before blending. Roasting concentrates the flavors of the vegetables and creates a nuttiness that compliments the Stilton cheese's buttery, rich, and peppery aroma and flavor. Despite the extra step, the simplicity.