Easiest Way to Make Delicious Butternut squash soup
Butternut squash soup. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash Soup II. This butternut squash soup has a secret ingredient—a tart green apple. It adds just the right balance for the squash.
It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines. This Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free, easy to make, and SO delicious! Easy homemade butternut squash soup is naturally thick and creamy, perfect for the season when squash is available in abundance. You can have Butternut squash soup using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut squash soup
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, diced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, diced.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of fresh or dried thyme leaves, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium butternut squash.
- You need 800 ml of vegetable stock (or use chicken stock for a non-vegan soup).
- Prepare 180 ml of coconut milk.
- You need of coconut cream for garnish.
Full of butternut flavour, this soup is perfect for when you're. Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. This butternut squash soup recipe is the best!
Butternut squash soup instructions
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 1 medium onion and 2 gloves garlic diced and 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil..
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, and thyme, and saute until the onion is soft and transparent..
- Add the cubed butternut squash and toss in the onion mixture..
- Add the vegetable stock and stir to combine..
- Add the lid to the pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat..
- Once the soup reaches a boil turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the butternut squash is very tender when you pierce it with a fork..
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the coconut milk. Puree with a hand-held immersion blender, or puree in batches in a regular counter-top blender..
- Serve immediately with a garnish of some coconut cream or yogurt, or store in airtight containers in the fridge or freezer..
- Enjoy your soup :).
Here's what gets me excited about butternut squash soup: My favorite seasonal ingredients join forces to create a sunny bowl of cozy, comforting soup that warms me through and through. Miso Coconut Butternut Squash Soup – Roasted and caramelized butternut squash, creamy Butternut Squash and Black Bean Soup – One of the most legit butternut squash combinations. When this time of year rolls around I've always got a few butternut squashes sitting on the counter to cook with so I'm often looking for new things to add them too. Made with butternut squash and creamy coconut milk. This is the easiest, creamiest, yummiest Fall This soup was a huge hit at home yesterday!