Recipe: Perfect Kale and roasted vegetable soup
Kale and roasted vegetable soup.
You can cook Kale and roasted vegetable soup using 11 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kale and roasted vegetable soup
- You need 3 of medium carrots, peeled and quartered lengthwise.
- It’s 2 of large tomatoes, quartered.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, cut into 8 wedges or 4 or 5 slices.
- Prepare 1/2 of small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick wedges.
- It’s 6 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 6 cups of or more of vegetable broth.
- It’s 4 cups of finely chopped kale leaves.
- Prepare 3 of large fresh thyme sprigs.
- It’s 100 grams of soybean nuggets(optional).
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
Kale and roasted vegetable soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit.
- Rub rimmed baking sheet with a thin coat of olive oil..
- Place carrots, squash, tomatoes, onion, and garlic on the baking sheet and sprinkle with a little more olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Rub the oil over all of the vegetables so that they are well coated..
- Roast vegetables about 45 minutes, stirring once or twice, until they are cooked through and nicely browned.
- Remove the roasted squash and carrots from the pan to a cutting board..
- Cut into 1/2-inch pieces and set aside..
- Remove the roasted garlic from their peelings and place in a food processor..
- Add the roasted tomatoes and onions..
- Scoop out 2 ladlesful of vegetables and keep aside. Pulse the remaining in the processor until almost smooth..
- Add a little water or broth to the baking sheet and scrape up any browned bits..
- Add the browned bits, the broth, and the puréed vegetables to a large pot.
- Add the chopped kale, thyme, and bay leaf to the pot.
- Heat on high to bring to a boil, lower the heat to reduce to a simmer..
- Simmer uncovered until the kale is tender, about 30 minutes..
- Add the roasted carrots and squash to the soup..
- Lastly add the soya nuggets and the reserved roasted vegetables to the soup..
- Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes and add more broth or water to the soup if it needs thinning..
- Season with salt and pepper and discard thyme sprigs and bay leaf..
- Enjoy a bowlful of this yummy, healthy soup with your choice of breads.
- Tips: soya nuggets is for adding some protein content to the soup. You can replace it with cooked white beans or shredded chicken for a non vegetarian option and cook until the chicken softens. Leftover turkey meat(from your thanksgiving treat) can also be another option..
- Tip: kale gives a good body to this soup, however you can use any leafy green of your choice.
- Tip:take care not to burn the vegetables while roasting. The temperature and timing can differ for your oven.
- For more interesting and healthy recipes visit: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrRiXQZZrIUv4bE9gvy12aA.