Recipe: Tasty HEART HEALTHY CHICKEN SOUP
HEART HEALTHY CHICKEN SOUP. Find delicious heart-healthy chicken recipes, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell. Boil chicken, water, onion, pepper, garlic. Serve with cholesterol free Acini Pepe pasta or non-egg noodle Drain and slice artichoke hearts.
The vegetables add nutrition and an aromatic flavor. This soup can be prepared at a moment's notice This recipe is reprinted with permission from American Heart Association Instant & Healthy. Can chicken soup really fight a cold? You can cook HEART HEALTHY CHICKEN SOUP using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of HEART HEALTHY CHICKEN SOUP
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cold extracted virgin olive oil.
- You need 8 cup of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, diced.
- You need 2 of pieces kale, cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, diced.
- Prepare 4 of chicken legs, skin on.
- It’s 1 tbsp of unrefined sea salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of brown rice macaroni, cooked.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried marjoram.
Research suggests that serving yourself a steaming bowl of soup may actually help. In fact, any soup (as Cilantro and lime provide a southwestern flare, while avocado adds a creamy texture that's rich in heart-healthy fats. Enjoy the dish with plain tortillas or. Progresso Heart Healthy Chicken Gumbo Soup.
HEART HEALTHY CHICKEN SOUP instructions
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion in olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add stock, vegetables, chicken and salt to pot and bring to a boil..
- Cover slightly, reduce to simmer, and cook for 90 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and place on a cutting board or plate..
- Separate the meat from the bone and skin, and put the meat back into the pot with the cooked macaroni and dried herbs..
- Continue to simmer for 10 to 20 minutes..
Brief video on how to make delicious heart healthy chicken noodle soup at home. Try chicken breast in dishes like chicken soup, chicken salads, and chicken curry. Avoid fried chicken or any recipes that use it. If you're looking for a few delicious heart-healthy chicken recipes to get you started, we've got five we think you'll like. Click here for our Blackened Chicken with.