Recipe: Perfect Vegan Lentil Soup
Vegan Lentil Soup. This everyday vegan lentil soup is anything but bland. Red Lentil Soup in all varieties is quite wonderful. I do prefer to use chopped, steamed Escarole rather than spinach.
This is the BEST lentil soup recipe!! It's full of amazing lemony flavor, it's naturally healthy and vegan and gluten-free, it's quick and easy to make, and SO delicious. It's the perfect vegetarian dinner idea. You can have Vegan Lentil Soup using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Lentil Soup
- Prepare 1 of celery stalk.
- It’s 1 of medium carrot.
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- You need 4 cups of vegetable broth.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes (15 ounce).
- You need 1 1/4 cups of green or brown lentils.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 T of thyme.
- It’s 1 t of red wine or sherry vinegar.
- You need of Frozen chopped spinach or kale.
This hearty Lentil Soup makes an easy vegan lunch or dinner. Chunky, flavor-packed vegan lentil soup prepared Mediterranean-style. This Vegan Lentil Soup is super comforting, packed with nutritious things and just what you need on a cold day. This is a simple lentil soup, there are not many spices and not much going on here.
Vegan Lentil Soup instructions
- Cook celery, carrot, and onion in a bit of oil or water until softened. Add garlic and season with salt and pepper..
- Add all ingredients except vinegar and spinach, then bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, about 30 min..
- Test to make sure lentils are done and then add vinegar and spinach..
For this vegan lentil soup, I've used pantry ingredients which probably everyone has at home. This soup is furthermore quite inexpensive. This vegan lentil soup is almost, but not quite, a stew. I used big chunks of carrots and potatoes, and by using a little less liquid, you could make it into a stew, though I like it soupy so that I can dip. This vegan lentil soup is a simple one-pot meal that's inexpensive to make and hearty enough to fill So as the weather gets chilly I had a hankering for developing another vegan lentil soup recipe and.